Go Bottom

Woodsman Cordwood saw--Anyone familiar

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-14          114838

Just picked up a used one and the guy couldn't find the manual. He did have the sales slip, was purchased new in '98. Looks to have very little use. Would like to hear from anyone familiar with this brand, (who built them, where, why can't I find them on the web)?? This seems to have a sealed gear-box (true)?

Thank you,
David

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bedlam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-14          119326

I own one of these saws. I will look for the manual, I usually keep them safe. I assume youd like me to copy it? I heard from someone that the manufacturer is out of business. Ive had mine for about 12 years, don't use it often as I'd like, but it was well worth the money. Ase for the gearbox, I will have to look and see. Im not sure feel free to email me tho..
Allan

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-14          119327

David, while I don't have that particular one, we do have an old cordwood saw at the farm.

I doubt that Woodsman is out of business, there is a dealer in Vermont who prominently advertises them on his website.

Maybe they can get you in touch with the manufacturer for a manual and possibly a parts listing even.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Vermont Mowers

View my Photos
Allan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-18          119510

http://vermontmowers.com/Woodsman250.html

Link to the site, guess my info was wrong. but the price has sure gone up I paid 650 new, now its about 1300. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2005-11-18          119521

Thank you all for your replies. Found out my local dealer sells them, have never seen one there but I'll get a manual through him.

Thanks again,
David ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login