Go Bottom

Fontier lawn rank price

View my Photos
rogermo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-12          116282

Just checked the price of a 5ft frontier lawn rake at an JD dealer ready for the quick release insteat of the stander 3point hitch and he said list 1304 and would sell it at $850, I priced some off brands not and heavy at a local farm store for 300 350, Brown in color can remeber name but I thought the 850 was high or is it.

Thanks for your help.

Roger

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fontier lawn rank price

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-12          116291

Depends on what you need it for. For general purpose around the home property, a general brand rake will probably work for you. The Frontier is a step up from the KingKutter or other yard rakes available at some farm stores. If you are going to be doing commercial work with the rake, you would be best off to spend the extra $$'s now.

The Frontier will look best behind a Deere. ....

Fontier lawn rank price

View my Photos
Roger

2005-09-12          116301

Thanks for the replay, I like the better equipment. So I guess I will go with my gut, but 850 seem high for the med duty frontier. I noted Landpride had a optional wheel attachment but not the more costly frontier, would that make a working difference. Also I need to rake amount of grass that has been directed to on center strip, would this rake pull that long row of grass into one pile if one was careful not to let it dig in. I also have about 300 feet of gravel drive that has fines down that has packed very hard. I have a John Deere 4110 20 horse would a landscape rake help smooth out the road. On last thing I want to do with it is I have 3 acres of wide spread trees that drop all kinds of limbs etc. Could a person us the rake to collect and move the twigs small limbs to a central area.

Yeah just have to love finding uses for our tractors hu.

Thanks Roger

Fontier lawn rank price

View my Photos
ccsial

2005-09-12          116307

I have a King Kutter 72" rake to which I added gauge wheels. It does a very nice job of gromming my gravel 3/4 mile trail. I would not use it on grass even with the gauge wheels. When it touches the grass it tears out a chunk. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login