Go Bottom

landscape rake

View my Photos
roger mo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-19          116636

Iam looking at the lr 1060l which is 150 pounds, I would rather have the lr 2072 which is 200 pounds. I have a 4110 jd 20 horse power the jd web site says the lr 2072 is for 12 to 25 hp. So I should be ok with it. My rear blade I have bounce off a lot dirt or I spin my wheels, I do not what to under buy, Should I go for more wieght or what is the diffrence between the two. Any help

thanks.

Roger

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

landscape rake

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-19          116637

Looking at the JD/Frontier website. The 1060 is 60 inches wide vs: 72 inches wide for the 2072. The 1060 has a cat. 0/limited cat 1 mounting. I don't known what that means for you. With the 2072 you have 5 forward raking positions or angles and 3 in reverse. The 1060 has 5 forward and 5 reverse.

Guess it depends upon your application. If you're trying to rake and move loose materials, your tractor should be ok with the larger unit. If you have large open flat areas the 72 inch width will have benefits.

If you are trying to do heavy duty work, your tracor may be a little light. If you push it too hard you will bend tines. I would look at the frame of each and compare. I prefer heavier frames. It sounds like the 2072 has a more robust frame. If you are doing heavy work and have open operating spaces, you can always remove several tines. ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-19          116639

Depending on what you need to do, and IMHO, even a 5' is going to really make 20 horses work, hard!

Best of luck. ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
rogermo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-19          116640

Thanks guys that was what I was wondering about. My little 20 horse 4110 might not be big enough for the 72 inch. Maybe the idea of it will take a bit longer with the smaller rake is a good way to look at it. I am wanting to move around gravel, dead dry garden left over and rake around a heavy wooded area after a yearly flood. I am looking to go to a 3320 32 horse some day. But for now I better stick to smaller rake.

Again thanks.

roger ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-09-19          116649

I bought the 60 inch rake for my 2210 and it has worked just great. It has enough weight to move the topsoil I'm spreading yet it is small enough to use on the walking trails I've cut in my woods. For me 72 inches would have been too wide. However, choose the width for the application you have to deal with. It's a great tool. ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-09-26          116925

Any ideas on cost of a 60" landscape rake and who might have the best value for the dollar. Dave ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-09-26          116937

The Deere LR1060l retails for about $495.00. I consider this to be light duty and build for sub-compacts and lower powered CUT's. This is without the leveling/gauge wheels. When you go to Deere's other units they are a minimum of 72" and usually retail for about $800.00.

Landpride sells some good units that retail for about $700.00. I found a used 72" Landpride for $400.00 with a few bent tines. I didn't buy it at the time and was reconsidering it but someone else bought it.

I find the KK at Tractor Supply to be the best value for about $425.00+ but with a terrible paint job. ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-26          116949

I have the Land Pride LR1584 landscaping rake which weighs about 300 lbs. (291 lbs. according to the LP manual). These rakes are about as heavy duty built as I have seen of any brand. They also have the added advantage of optional gauge wheels and a flip down grader blade. They are a good bit pricier. For commercial and heavy duty use the price may be justified. For occasional use, you can probably get by with a much cheaper model. ....

landscape rake

View my Photos
Ducati996

2005-09-27          117027

I got mine from an advertiser here and I'm very happy with it...a solid unit made by Midwest with pitch and angle adjustments....I use 60" on a 20hp/17 PTO machine and as long is it covers your tracks thats probably all you need.
72" would be too big for my machine and not easy to work with...

http://www.corimpco.com/rakes.html ....

Link:   Corriher york yakes

Go Top

Share This

Member Login