Go Bottom

box blade

View my Photos
mowmanwv1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-17          119465

Thinking of purchasing a United 448 HD 4 ft. box blade. Any feedback or reviews with this implement would be greatly appreciated. Also, rear wheels are 50" apart on rear of tractor. Does this make a great difference in results. Is there some way to offset it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

box blade

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-17          119479

I don't know anything about United, but it soulds like it might be a little small for your tractor. What brand/model/HP is it (tractor) and what are your intended uses for the B.B.? ....

box blade

View my Photos
mowmanwv1

2005-11-18          119488

I have a Yanmar 1601D. I'm thinking it has 19 hp. Uses will be from grading hardened driveways to flattening out places where stuos have been cut off. probably all conditins of work will be extreme. Unit weighs 317#. Tke tractor weighs approximatelty 1600#. Do you think weight in the front will be required. ....

box blade

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-18          119505

If you get a BB that is narrower than the tractor you are going to hate it.... gauranteed.

You need a 54 or 60 inch blade for that tractor. ....

box blade

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-11-20          119569

I concur with DR that you need a bit wider blade to use effectively with your tractor. Some weight might be needed on the front, but I don't know for sure. ....

box blade

View my Photos
Ben

2005-12-30          121992

My L3400 is 58" wide at the rear tires. I would like to get a box blade for this tractor. Should I get a 60" or 72" ? What size will this tractor pull ? Any brands or models that would be best ? I maintain a 1200' and a 400' gravel driveway. Thanks, Ben ....

box blade

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-12-30          121995

A 72" box blade would be fine for that machine. You've got plenty of power to pull it. ....

box blade

View my Photos
jong3430

2006-01-23          123270

I have a Kubota L3430HSTC and am negotiating with my dealer on a Box Blade/Scraper. The Kubota branded one seems a little pricy, does anyone know who really makes this. I have also read where Woods, Midwest and Buhler make very strong box blades. I am getting a 72" one and will be converting a pasture into a lawn over the next couple of years, and will be maintaining a long rock driveway. Any comments or suggestions on the brands I have mentioned, and or some that I might be overlooking?

Thanks! ....

box blade

View my Photos
rescue2cop

2006-02-02          123984

I have a midwest box blade and I can tell you that they make a quality Box Blade. Most dealers can also get them in what ever color you need to match you tractor if that is important. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login