Go Bottom

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
PENNIE67
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-13          132112

We have a Mihandra Tractor that is sitting out in the weather because we are living in an RV in "Katrinaville". We will eventually have a shed again but we are trying to protect our tractor gears, etc.

Does anyone know if they make tractor covers? We can find everything else but that.
thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-13          132116

Howdy neighba'! Where are you? I'm in Waveland cleaning up still and helping rebuild. Gotta love our Can-do-miniums---beats the alternative though.

Here's a link to NothernTool.com for a tractor cover. ....

Link:   Northern Tool .com tractor cover

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-13          132123

If you are planning on haveing a shed later on why not just a cheap tarp for the time being. It can also be used later for something else. Just a thought ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-14          132135

If you take PVC pipe you can bend it over and use a low price trap on top to make a decent shelter. ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-07-14          132136

I agree with KT; I've used that pipe-and-tarp system before and it made it through a rough cold and windy Midwest winter and spring. The only thing different from KT that I would do, would be to use a tarp rather than a trap LOL! ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
PENNIE67

2006-07-14          132138

We lived in Bay St. Louis on Blue Meadow and had 30 ft. of water. We are now in Delisle and have some property there. Hope all is going well for you. Are you in a house yet? ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
PENNIE67

2006-07-14          132139

We may end up doing that. We are in an RV by the water and we get alot of wind. ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-14          132140

earthwrks,

Not sure if my fingers were backwards, or I thought it was the disucssion on alarms or just poor eyesight and old age. Sure glad for the help. My wife agrees I need all I can get. LOL with you.

They proably should use the tarp for cover and the trap for security. ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-07-14          132151

PENNIE: I'm an excavating contractor from Michigan. Came down right after the storm to clean up debris. Now I'm doing bobcat, tractor, and dozer work for the rebuilding effort. Been here ever since. No 'home' per se, but I found a flooded, '00, 30' trailer that had been under 30 feet of nasty seawater water. I cleaned it out and refurbished it inside---my 'Can-do-minium' (local play on the word Condo referring to FEMA camper trailers looking like a 'can' and a 'condo' on wheels) A client was good enough to let me camp at his home off Hwy 90 and 603. His 2-story home up on 10 foot stilts floated up and over the power lines and came to a rest on the road. He moved 15 miles inland to much higher ground. Need work done?

Oh, and sorry to hi-jack the thread. ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-14          132154

There is a hardware store in WA that sells all the PVC parts to create shelters on the cheap on the web. I bought some of the clips and fittings from them for a frame for my wife's quilting frame. ....

Link:   Hartnagels PVC

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
PENNIE67

2006-07-14          132155

Be careful, no telling what you will find. I couldn't read the whole message because I am not a premium member.

Thanks for the all the feedback. You know they sell covers for everything else. Someone needs to think of Tractors. ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-14          132159

The portable garages are quite inexpensive and many tractors have their stack straight up on the cowl. It would be difficult to fit and difficult to remove. My wife will build you one if you need it. We have commercial sewing machines. I am in AL. ....

Cover for a tractor

View my Photos
PENNIE67

2006-07-14          132162

I will check with my husband. thx ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login