Go Bottom

Box Blade

View my Photos
kwolfe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-02          135631

I am considering purchasing an XB Box Blade for my Sub CUT. I am going to use it to regrade my back 1 acre to get rid of dips and rough spots. Can anyone post some pictures of what these little Sub CUTs are capable of using a box blade.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Box Blade

View my Photos
kyvette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-02          135634

Kwolf, check my pictures, there is one using a box blade to cut a new driveway. This can be slow work unless you have additional weight and lug tires. Box blades are good for light grading, spreading dirt, gravel, etc but they do not take the place of a bulldozer. My box is a 48" made by Atlas.

A couple of weeks ago I used the box blade to level and workup the soil prior to planting grass seed, it did a nice job.

I have more pictures I can email you if you are interested.

Dave ....

Box Blade

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-06          135758

I've got a 33hp 4x4 New Holland and a 6' box blade. I have found that it is by far the most flexible and most used implement I have--even my $7000 power rake. And depending on traction, HP, tires, etc. it can be used to doze in a limited capacity. 4x4 is really the way to go if you use one. Another use is placing Rubbermaid tubs down inside the box blade for picking up debris, or that long haul out to the woods or farm to bring the tools in. Having a power toplink adds to its versatility for grading and piling debris. ....

Box Blade

View my Photos
kwolfe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-09          135801

Well, I bought the 48" KK XB this weekend and got a few hours with it. With 4 hours of use, I have no complaints. The 300# weight is plenty for my little bx and the construction seenms solid. I used it with the rippers down to pull up some rocks and loosen the soil, then with no rippers to smooth things out and prepare for planting grass. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login