Go Bottom

Agco New Idea 9200 planters

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-05          137596

Does anyone know if the planters that come as 38 inch spacing can be set for 30 inch spacing?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-06          137654

Ken, just playing in the books, the four row seems to be adjustable between 30 to 40" spacing and the 6 row is fixed at 30 inch spacing. The planting system is a vacuum type so seed selection would not normally be a problem. The base units retailed for 7785 but tht wouldn't be with fertilizer and markers normally and they were built between 1987 and 1991. Retail price on a 1991 four row is listed at $2803. On most newer planters the row spacing is set at 30" which seems to work in most areas. The frame brackets are welded to the main beam to acomplish this. From trying to plant indifferent size fields the row units often would become loose and need to be tightened periodically to maintain set spacing. Some people actually welded them in place before the manufacturers did to maintain the spacing! More then once we got calls that a combine head or a chopper head was not working right and it turned out it was the planters spacing that had moved and was the culprit! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-12-06          137660

As always, thank you Art. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login