Go Bottom

Top link hydraulic cylinders

View my Photos
iversd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-20          153121

Does anyone know where to find/buy hydraulicc cylinders to replace the manual top links on 3ph.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-20          153122

I found a few at area dealers, but felt their asking prices were high. Ended up getting one on eBay for about 30% less - delivered - and I love it. I see one up for bid right now, and ten more "buy it now". When you use the eBay search engine, break the word TOPLINK up into two words: you're searching for a "hydraulic top link".

If the hydraulic remotes on your Case have a leakdown problem, CCM (see dealer list) sells HTLs with built-in check valves.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-04-20          153124

Check with the Surplus Center, I know they have a website, but I'm not sure what it is. I have bought quite a bit of hydraulic things from them out of their catalog, they are a good outfit. Frank. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-20          153125

If you'e handy with a welder, consider making one yourself. A used forklift mast pull-back cylinder can be had for about $25. TSC has new cylinders for about $60-$80. You'll need about 8" of travel, which has worked well for many years for me.

Whack off the pivot/swivel ends from your old top link or buy new ends from TSC and weld them to the cylinder ends. DO NOT use the yoke or clevis ends on the cylinders! They are made to be stiff from a side-loading perspective--the toplink MUST be able to freely swing in all directions AT BOTH ENDS!

Just like sliced bread, Post-It Notes, and cell phones...once you have a power toplink you'll wonder how you ever got along without one. ....

View my Photos
iversd

2008-04-22          153165

Thanx guys!!! I went to e-bay and saved about 50% off what my local dealer wanted. Welding one together was an option I thought about, but it sounded like a lot of work, thats why I went the e-bay route. Dan (1st time I've ever used e-bay) ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login