Go Bottom

Brush Cutter Winter Storage

View my Photos
sprobst
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-08-10          155980

Fortunately, I have a garage for my tractor. Unfortunately, I do not have a garage for my Woods Rotary Cutter.

How many of you recommend tarping it? I haven't in the past because I've heard that tarps may actually hold in moisture. But, since rust is starting to take hold, I'm considering changing my plans for this winter. What other precautions do you recommend?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-10          155984

Mine sets on pallets under some evergreen trees. It probably should be tarped but I never seem to get around to it. It is pressure washed and greased good at the end of the season.

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-08-11          156001

I've saw tarps be worse than sitting under a tree. Frost will form on the under side of the tarp then the sun hits the tarp melts the frost and the water goes right on the cutter. Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-11          156003

As indicated, the main preparation is to clean and oil-spray (except for the belts and sheave pulleys). Mowers don't take much floor space inside, or attract as much snow cover outside, if you stand them on their side -- which also makes servicing easier. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-08-11          156009

Ours get the driveshafts removed and stored inside. The cutter itself is leaned against a support almost vertical, forward edge down. Lots of grease in all zerks, white lithium grease spray on everything else.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login