Go Bottom

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
magicheater
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-20          169387

Has anyone successfully built a rig to put down pressure on their 3PT hitch? Seems it might come in handy for some applications.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-20          169388

Not a system per se, but I have down pressure when I leave the draft control in a certain spot then actuate the power top link. ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-20          169391

No hydraulic but the simplest method is to pile weight on the hitch or implement. ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
oneace

2010-03-20          169393

Depending on what implement you are using the manufacturer may make a hyd down pressure kit. But most use only added weight in the form of maybe a drum filled with water or concrete or iron weights. But you want to be careful you don't over load your machine ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
magicheater

2010-03-20          169395

The reason I ask is that I made one for a back blade device and found that it works quite well. I have a heavier tractor AND made a special mount that replaced the factory original because I also have a logging grapple and a very large top link cylinder that I use with all my 3 PT attachments. It also has a spot for the 3PT backhoe top link hook up but I have since sold it in favor of a 4 PT frame mount. I have read a lot of posts here and it seems to me that there are some very handy people with great ideas and skills that comment about their work here and was curious if I was the only one that did this. ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
oneace

2010-03-20          169396

If you have plans or pics I am sure there are some people hee that would be interested. ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
magicheater

2010-03-21          169411

here is a pic of the top bracket. Top spot was for backhoe, middle spot for top cylinder(obviously) and the bottom position for the down pressure cylinder. Don't have the corresponding attachment on the tractor so this is all I can supply for pics. OK I can't figure out how to post the picture, maybe someone can help me?!? ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-03-22          169439

If I get the link to post here are the instructions.

OK if you click on the link it opens fine. ....

Link:   

Click Here

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
magicheater

2010-03-22          169446

Uploaded twice but don't know where it is. I am by no means computer illiterate, just find this system confusing. I'll keep trying. ....

3PT down pressure

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-03-23          169466

If it makes you feel any better I had problems to ever post a picture and when I found how to, post all at one time. Short term memory there. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login