Go Bottom

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
skipll
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-08          179717

When grading the road with my tractor---if my rear wheels go over a high spot---the load in the box blade gets dumped----so I'm thinkin I can fix that by removing the clips on the arm shaft & move the arm a few groves----will that make the blade ride lower? I wonder how many groves to move it---Anyone got a idea bout that----Or do I just have to experiment with it.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-08          179720

It shouldn't dump significantly if you're going slowly and the hitch is floating. If you don't like the scraping effect from floating, some boxes have outside wheels to hold the level you want; you can likely get or make a set for yours. ....

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-08-09          179729

Skip. walked to my small Kubota to be sure but skip your thought and move to the links that run from the lift arms to the 3pth arms. Think you will find there are two sets of holes there, one used now and the other open maybe an couple of inches apart.

First I will admit getting confused here as to which set does lower the arms and which raise the 3 pth arms but first try switch the hole the links are using. Really the first thing is, does your box blade had more than one option for the height of the lift arm pins? If so raise them so the box will sit lower when down. Of course there is no adjustment preventing the full lowering of the lift such as stop is not fully down for the lift lever, you have the control under the seat open, third arm is not too short?

But if you have the weight of the blade on the 3pth it has to lift up when wheels run over high spot by design. It needs to be as mentioned floating or on wheels or such as Auerbach has mentioned. ....

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
skipll

2011-08-09          179733

OK KT-----just finihed moving the lifting rods to the furthest holes ( from back of tractor) of lower links.
For some reason they were in the closest holes from back of tractor---Which as my manual says for higher lifting.
I think it is better but will have to some grading to be sure.

Thanks ....

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-08-10          179744

No idea why I get so confused on which hole is for lower or higher but if you search here the others got me straight on my tractor and it made a difference.

Hope it works for you Skip. ....

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
skipll

2012-07-11          184232

When all else fails----read the manual---( even the dealer couldn't tell me how to do this ).
In the manual it says-----

IMPLEMENT LOWERING LIMIT
The lower limit can be changed by adjusting the position of locker (A) on the interlock rod. Shifting the locker (A) backward raises the lower limit and shifting it forward lowers the lower limit.

I did this & it worked--

Live & Learn

AJUSTING 3 POINT HITCH

View my Photos
Murf

2012-07-11          184235

"You're never too old to learn."

At least that's what my good lady keeps telling me......

One day I might even come to believe her.

;)

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login