Go Bottom

cylinder leaking

View my Photos
michaelreynolds
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-16          121206

The cylinders on my front end loader are leaking at the fittings. my bucket will raise up and down. and the bucket will tilt down but when you go to tilt the bucket back up. it will not tilt back up and hydrlic fluid leaks out at the fitting on the bottom of the cylinder what could be wrong could the seals in the cylinder be bad.if any one could help i would be greatful. thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

cylinder leaking

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-17          121217

Michael; I really doubt anything is wrong with the seals in the cylinder. Likely you have a faulty hydraulic coupler where the bucket curl hoses plug into your tractor that is letting hyd fluid flow in only one direction thru it. Best of luck. Frank. ....

cylinder leaking

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-17          121221

If you swap the hoses so your tilt gets plugged into the up down curcuit that could help isolate the end that might be your trouble. ....

cylinder leaking

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-18          121243

I have looked at this several times. I am having trouble picturing the fittings.

Are they the fittings that physicaly go itto the cylinder? Or on the hoses that connect the fittings.

If it is fittings going into the cylinders are they weld in? Is it a pipie fitting that is loose? Someone forgot to pipe dope it?

Or is it a seal where the cylinder rod slides in and out?

I have seen older tractor buckets on after market loaders where clearances were not good have broken nipples at the cylinders. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login