Go Bottom

found smaller tooth for loader project

View my Photos
agentorange
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81152

At Pape' machinery in Tacoma I found a small tooth for my toothbar project. It's a John Deere part described on paperwork as T2A tooth. They are 4.5" long x 1.5" wide with 1" rec'r shoe. Pretty simple. Only $3.72 each.

See my pic #14.

-ao

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81161

that looks atlot like what comes on a woods toth bar i missed you r post bebor what kind of project are you working on ....

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-03-26          81176

oneace -
I'm just creating a toothbar or similar for my LA302 bucket. I'm buying into the fact that teeth can make digging a lot more efficient. At approx $300 from a dealer (+ possible shipping), I thought I'd use resources available and come up with something. Not that there is anything wrong with a pre-made unit. Don't need the larger sizes (of teeth) that I've seen at various CAT and related machinery ouitlets. Just looked around and found these smaller sized teeth. Great price, easy to work with.

I assume that the cutter piece is a hardened steel of some sort that has beveled edge. Would love to come up with this material without the rec'r shoe on it.

-ao

-ao ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-03-26          81188

How do you plan to mount the toothbar to the bucket. Are you welding on a recieving bar and bolting the teeth, or bolting the whole assembly? Looks interesting, something I may be interested in doing. ....

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-03-26          81218

I will check on proper holder parts. It is a crimp style tooth. If they seem OK and decent priced I'll mount them to plate, bolt at 2 places downward, 2 places to sides (much like standard bolt-on assy) and probably be under $100.
If not then I'll create with 1" square stock and pin for easy replacement.

Film at 11:00.

-ao ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-03-26          81222

Depending on just how much digging you plan on doing you may be better off using a little more robust tooth.

It seems to me that the smallest of the teeth available for the mini excavators is pretty similar.

The advantage with the ones I'm thinking of is that the mount into a socket in the bucket. The socket could be reproduced by just welding short pieces of tube steel to a flt bar that bolts into the front edge of the bucket.

They're also pretty cheap to buy.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-03-26          81251

you might want to try metkits.com The have everything you need for a DIY project. They supply all the parts for CADhoes and CADloader. Plus they have some of the cheapest prices i havem seen. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-26          81254

the tooth that you have on you pics can either be crimped on or hheld on with a roll pin with factory or aftermarket bars are bolted only to the side of the bucket with about 5/8" bolts ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-03-26          81255

my sugjestion is you go to you local woods dealer and ask them for a price for your pirticular size yes you probly would save money buildig one your self but just remember your time is money too. ask them to get it on a stock order they are normally shipping free ....

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-03-26          81264

The duty of this tooth is more than my bucket.
Even the 48" models I've seen from implement companies are much beefier than the FEL I'm attaching to.
The holders for them are $9.
So if I run 7 teeth along front edge it comes to about $86 for teeth and holders.
A peice of scrap flat stock, a couple hours with the equipment on the jobsite ( but most certainly not during working hours, or?) and voila!
Better than $280 +/- shipping.

The rec'rs are crimp style but could easily convert to roll pin or other.
Good tip.

The pic of tooth may be deceptive. The 1.5" wide 'blade' piece is 3/8" material, very stout for a little piece. If you had one in your hand you'd be surprised how effective it looks.

-ao ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-03-31          81741

ao, what's new with the tooth bar? I would still like to see the set-up on the bucket. I am also concerned about the stiffness of the bucket on these machines, so am pretty interested in what you come up with. ....

View my Photos
agentorange

2004-04-02          81843

you bet beagle..
been fighting a few work issues recently

shifts are changing, hours of those shifts changing

management is spending most of their energy eliminating tempo or flow, quite primitive policies from a backwards company

i've spent most of the last week or so trying to cope with same, pretty disruptive

have actually got proper holders for these little teeth and will have a finished product hopefully by end of weekend

i too am anxious to get on with it

w/post asap
-ao

View my Photos
beagle

2004-04-02          81850

Thanks a bunch. I have about an acre of brush to tear through this spring, I' thinking the tooth bat on the bucket would be a big help. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login