Go Bottom

Buhler Loader bucket cylinder left touching frame - New Pix by wmgysi

View my Photos
wmgysi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-22          150569

wmgysi has posted a new photo. Subject: Buhler Loader bucket cylinder left touching frame. Description:

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-22          150587

That would be from cylinder flex after taking a load on the top of the bucket. What did you hit? ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2008-01-23          150597

Hi
I am a bit a novice and don't know what cylinder flex refers to. Can you elaborate? I first noticed after I used the bucket to compress snow. I used the bucket on a sleigh run going backwards down the hill and compressing the snow.
I also clean the drive way and sometime the bucket's edge shudders on a rock that sticks out a bit but no marks are made on the bucket's edge nor did I think there to be to much stress. The play in the cylinder is only in the top 1 inch of the cylinder and due to that the bucket can be pushed farther up and with it the cylinder onto the frame. I find it od that this should happen. If the cylinder cant take that little stress I may as well do the snow removal by hand.
I called the dealer today and he had no such problems from other users but will contact Buhler. He does not think that it is done by missuse. I will keep you posted

View my Photos
Art White

2008-01-25          150743

Some loaders will use stops on the bucket travel welded into the frame. This will keep the cylinder from bottoming out possibly including flexing the cylinder shaft. ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2008-01-26          150748

Hi Art,
Thanks for the reply. Someone else mentioned the word flexing the cylinder. What does that exactly refer to? I don't udnerstand.
I mentioned the problem to the dealer which in turn asked me today to send pictures to Buhler to find out the cause of this. The dealer has not had such a problem. I only used the loader for 39.4 hours.
I agree, stops would prevent this problem and I wonder why there isen't any. I will post the answer from Buhler, once received.
Thanks again for all replies, Werner ....

View my Photos
Art White

2008-01-26          150761

There is a reason why some don't have them, cost. Your cylinder rod is bending or flexing within the cylinder bore which is what causes them to hit the boom. That is if you didn't have something come over the bucket to hit the cylinders. You could weld a tab under the cylinder, but the best bet is to weld on some stops. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login