Go Bottom

Firewood Conveyor - New Pix by candoarms

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-12-16          191648

candoarms has posted a new photo. Subject: Firewood Conveyor. Description: The new firewood conveyor at work.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bosco2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-12-23          191702

Very nice setup.. you have hydraulic lines to the conveyor to change the elevation? What powers the conveyor? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-12-27          191724

Bosco,

This old conveyor was originally powered by an electric motor/gearbox combination unit. I was often irritated by the fact that I had to use it somewhere within reach of an electrical outlet.

The conveyor was lengthened by four additional feet, then converted to be powered by a hydraulic motor. The hydraulic power comes from the log splitter.

I purchased a new valve for the splitter. The new valve has a power beyond port. When the splitter is busy splitting wood, the conveyor doesn't run. The conveyor runs only after the splitter finishes the splitting cycle.

No longer does my splitter eat up gas while waiting for another log. It's now busy doing something useful at all times.

I can now place my conveyor anywhere I want to. The power comes from the splitter, allowing me to take the whole operation out into the trees with me.

Joel ....

View my Photos
charlieK
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-08-08          195637

amazing and useful ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login