Go Bottom

Need plans for an ATV-type platform for a lawn garden tractor

View my Photos
gearnoise
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-26          182869

I bought a 16 gallon sprayer, built to strap on to the back of an ATV, figuring someone surely must sell a generic platform that could bolt on the back of a lawn tractor, that would hold equipment meant for an ATV. Well I haven't found one yet, so next best is to build one myself. So, has anyone on this forum ever done such and if so, could you share your plans? I have an arc welder and rudimentary skills with it, but no idea what type/size metal would be best to use. The platform would need to hold a max of 150 lbs and be about seat height.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-03-26          182870

The new Northern Tool catalog was in today's mail. I'd bet they have something like you want for cheaper than you can build it.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
gearnoise

2012-03-26          182871

Frank, I wish that were true, however that is actually where I bought the sprayer. No dice. I know I could always stick the thing on/in some trailing equipment with wheels, but what I am after is a simple shelf behind the seat so that my wife won't have any problems backing up. This is needed for areas too small or tight for my big tractor and its 55 gallon sprayer. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-03-26          182874

OK, well maybe next time I can help.

I'm not being a smart AXX about it but sometimes big hose clamps and tarp straps will work wonders. I use a home made sprayer with a 25 gallon tank in the box of the Gator with a 12 volt pump and a six ft. wide spray boom to do the lawn for Dandelions fastened to the tailgate pretty much held on with tarp straps. Once in a while after hitting a sharp bump or hole I have to "adjust" the mountings of the boom a bit, but so far it hasn't fallen off.

Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login