Go Bottom

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
gill barlow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-06          26406

Dear Board:I am narrowing my tractor choice down to Kubota BX2200, Kub B2100, Kub 7500, JD755, JD855, and JD4100.Which would you pick?What do you think of the BX front end. It sure looks like there are shiny delicate components on that front end which would not survive thrashing around the bush....does anyone have experience with this?Is the BX more stable than the rest on a hillside.Are these machines stable on slopes?Thanks,gill barlowgcbarl@aol.com802.425.3543

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-04-06          26410

Gill, it's impossible to say which I'd pick without knowing exactly what work you intend to do with it (and then of course most of us find other things we want to do with a tractor after we get it that we never thought of before). They're all good tractors. In my opinion, the BX would be the most stable because it's low and wide, but it may not be the best if you need more ground clearance. And compared to other vehicles, like cars, ATVs, etc., none of the small tractors are what I would consider "stable." Just be careful and go slow until you're thoroughly familiar with both the machine and the terrain. ....

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
Ted Kennedy

2001-04-07          26423

Gill, no manufacturer today is going to over-engineer their products. Looking at the steering linkage and other associated parts on the BX2200, I feel that Kubota has done a fine job, and the fact that it is a FEL rated machine shows me that Kubota is confident they made it strong enough. Now comes the "however" part of the story and that is, the low ground clearance mentioned by Bird. When in the woods or on rocky ground you must pay strict attention to the terrain. Stumps, rocks, depressions, and ruts should be avoided because while the differential may clear, the steering gear may not. I lost a tie rod deep in the woods by backing over a stump while turning - bent the rod almost beyond repair. I got off easy, others I know haven't been so lucky. As far as the grade holding ability, try E-mailing each manufacturer and specifically ask about each machine's capability. Happy hunting. ....

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-04-07          26434

Gill, Like I said in my e-mail, go a little larger than you think you will need because in the future you'll find many other fun things, oops, I mean chores to do with the tractor. So will your neighbors, friends and relatives. David ....

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
Paul Fox

2001-04-07          26435

I bent my tie rod on stumps so many times while bush hogging, I finally build a skid plate. Only reduced ground clearance by an inch or so, but I haven't bent one since. Before you ask, my rotary mower has a stump jumper on it... ....

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
JonB

2001-04-09          26491

Gil, I think Bird said it exactly right. No one can say which machine is the best for you without knowing what you want the machine to do, and what you might want for in the future. The BX is probably the most stable having the lowest center of gravity. But I love my 4100 and need the higher ground clearance at times. But I've never heard anyone say, not even those who didn't like their BX, that the BX is delicate. Everything I've ever heard is the BX is a STRONG little tractor. Best of luck. JonB ....

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
judd

2001-04-18          26875

You seem to be concerned about stability but I haven't seen anyone point out the ROPS issue. It appears to me that unless you are extremely short, the top of your head will be above the safety plane of the BX tractor. ....

BX2200 Front End

View my Photos
Steve S.

2001-07-25          30355

I have used my BX2200 w/60" belly mower to mow some very steep banks along the road. I have found the seat belt is useful to help stay on the seat. The agility of this machine is incredible. My neighbor thinks I'm crazy but I grew up on a farm with hilly pastures that were mowed every year with big equipment. I don't feel I've even come close to the tipping point & its tough to stay on the seat! Regarding the the Roll Over Protection (ROP) bar, it seems high enough for me, I'm 6'-2". Its a trade off, for getting under trees etc. if it were any higher. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login