Go Bottom

234 International

View my Photos
Loryn Klumper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-07          27867

I'm looking at a mid 80's 234 international 60" woods belly mower, 48" snow blower, 3 cyl 4wd, 590 hrs. Hydro. Is there anything to watch for? I am not familiar with IH and do not see much information on them. Any input would be welcome.Loryn

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

234 International

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-05-08          27874

Loryn, I checked the web site WWW.tractortips.com and all they said was that the 234 was made between 1982 and 1984 with a 3 cyl, diesel 18 HP engine and a 6/2 transmission. Sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck, Mark ....

234 International

View my Photos
Don M

2001-05-08          27909

Loryn, I looked briefly at one. From what I found, it was made by Mitsubishi and is considered a good unit. I think parts are available.
-Don M ....

234 International

View my Photos
Greg Erceg

2001-05-08          27940

My previous tractor was an IH 234. Mine was a gear tractor though. I bought it in 1991 for 6K and another 1.5k for a 5 ft Woods belly mower. When I got it it had 99 hours on it. I never had a bit of trouble with it. Mowed 5 acres every two to three weeks, and it did a good job. When I traded up to a Ford/NH 1630, (if there were an equivalent, it would be a TC27, I got 5K on trade. I loved my 234, but I wanted newer. When I traded it still had less than 500 hours on it. Traded it in in 1999. I don't know how the hydro is, but the gear ran great. Good luck on your purchase if you get it. Oh, by the way, when I got mine there was no ROPs on it. The dealer said that they couldn't put one on for liability reasons. But I still managed to mow my hills with not even a hint of being unstable. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login