Go Bottom

Grill Guard for TC 33d

View my Photos
WVTC33
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-12          82903

I have been looking at the factory brush guard that NH makes for my tractor and I would like input and opinions about it from other users.
I have a 60 inch medium duty Hawkline rotary cutter and have been thinning out some small trees, up to 2" diameter, brush and multifloral rose bushes.
My biggest concern is poking a hole through the radiator.
The factory guard only has a few cross braces and nothing between them, would this be a problem?
Are there any company's that make after market guards with heavy expanded metal for more protection from limbs?
Any input would be appreicated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Grill Guard for TC 33d

View my Photos
RichardC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-21          86521

Have a TC40D with factory grill guard. Have loader and was raising fence posts off trailer with chain connected to loader. Post came off trailer and smacked grill guard - glad it was there - very strong. Have never had brush "bother" me. Maybe take grill guard to local welding shop and weld expanded metal to it then paint with new holland gray spray paint. Would look sweet. Probably wouldn't cost too much. ....

Grill Guard for TC 33d

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-21          86524

I have a TC45D with the factory grill guard, and just had to add the (expensive!) bracket that allows 5 weights on it instead of 2, so that I could use my 6' Brush Hog. I also am mowing multi flora roses that haven't been cut in 10-15 years....some of it I back into simply to protect the front end of the tractor, and to discourage getting holes in my R4's. The guard seems like a very good unit, but I too wish I had a little more front end protection...if I had the FEL (hopefully soon!), I would leave it on while brush hogging simply for the weight and front end protection. ....

Grill Guard for TC 33d

View my Photos
WVTC33

2004-05-21          86541

Thanks for the ideas. I bought the factory guard and it is a heavy duty unit. For now I am going to leave it as is, if I modify it I am going to block my headlights. I may add lights to my ROP's to eliminate that problem, then weld in some expanded metal to give me a little more protection. ....

Grill Guard for TC 33d

View my Photos
loganWildman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-08          88082

Please post a picture of the factory grill guard. When I bought mine a few years ago, I was told they didn't have one for the TC35. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login