Go Bottom

I knew it would happen someday

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-19          91341

For nine months I've religiously folded the ROPS before backing the Kubota into the shed. It was bound to happen sooner or later. A piece of rope hanging from the ceiling got my attention as I was putting the tractor away and CRUNCH/RIP, the door header ended up at an unusual angle.

The good news is I now have an eight foot door in place and I no longer have to fold/unfold the rollover protection each time I use it.

This is not really a tractor project, more like a tractor CAUSED project. :-)

Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-20          91436

The only difference between us is I haven't fixed the door yet. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-07-20          91509

Is Mark the only other guy out there who will admit doing it? :-) ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-20          91511

I have about 2" of clearance under our garage door. One fine winter day when there's about 3" of snow on the ground I'll probably do it too :( ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2004-07-20          91512

Mine will almost fit in the barn with the ROPS up.
Almost.
Have done it several times.

Bill ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-07-20          91514

I nearly took out a floor joist on our wood deck backing into the basement garage when I forgot to fold down the ROPS. Too a bit out of the joist board and ruin a good pair of draws when that 2 x 10 snapped back into position with thunderous pop! Now I remember to fold the ROPS down. I have come close to forgetting a few times but caught myself. CRS is horrible! ;o) ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-21          91537

I've got a pair of 12'x12' doors in the shop, if I hit anything it's on purpose, and even then I'd have to be trying REALLY hard.

There is however a small shiny spot on the underside of the header of the garage door at the house where I carry the pallets of firewood in. The ROPS (on my old machine) cleared by about 1/2", when I got carried away loading pallets of firewood that often disappeared. Since getting a machine with a full cab I haven't been able to bring myself to experiment that way.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-21          93999

Nope not yet for me, but last week I did hit a tree while backing up (in the side door and rocker!!!) Trying to get around the blue beast. Atleast my tractor was not hurt!!!! ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-21          94004

My garage is designed to house both my dump truck & Trailer while hitched up. The building is 50' long and each bay is 9' high with an overhead door at both ends so I can drive straight out the next morning. Well, With my old 790 I was able to fit no problem with the tractor on the trailer. When I first got my kubota, I forgot that it was so much taller then the old tractor. Luckily it only cracked the bottom panel of the overhead door & I have able to salvage it with some new hindges. You can hardley notice the crack now unless you are looking. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-09-01          95227

One advantage to having a smaller tractor(NH TZ24DA), my ROPS is only 72 - 73". My problem is low hanging tree branches, I have broken several. This fall I need to do a lot of tree trimming. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-06          95692

One advantage to having a smaller tractor(NH TZ24DA), my ROPS is only 72 - 73". My problem is low hanging tree branches, I have broken several. This fall I need to do a lot of tree trimming.
Another thing to watch out for is window air conditioners.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login