Go Bottom

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Trlhorse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-11          124406

Am looking at Mahindra 6520 Vs DK65 Kioti both with FEL and backhoe (4X4). Anyone have comparison data? Tractor is used on 30 acres of old tree farm for land clearing and horse farm maintenance. Current rig is TS5010 ISEKI 4X4 w FEL. Nice rig but not easily updated due to parts availability. Any other suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-11          124408

Nothing against the Mahindra but my money would be on the DK65S. That is a lot of machine you get for the dollar spent. Don't over look the John Deere 6403. The 6403 is close modern day approximation to the old 4020 which is still the standard that many ag tractors are measured by. Deere has a special offer on the 6403 for $27,990 right now. ....

Link:   John Deere 6403

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Trlhorse

2006-02-11          124409

traded my 4020 for a 4320. Good move but turned out to be costly. Resleeved the 20 and it was good. 43 lasted about 6 years under hard use before engine block cracked during Il winter even with 5050 antifreeze. Wish I'd kept the 4020.Haven't much looked at green since. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Neighbors 3010 block cracked same winter. Neither freeze plugs failed. Went back to red. Now what? Orange isn't heavy enough. Massey can't even tell you the same model will be made by the same company tomorrow...NOTE: to be fair to green- both tractors were late 60s model and this was in 82. Wish I still had my Oliver! ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-12          124413

The days of the heavy tractors have come and are quickly going. You can always make a tractor heavy, but how can you afford to carry extra weight around that isn't needed? There is a balance that is needed between all jobs being done and lighter is better for most all applications. For the price of the backhoe unit of substantial size for a 75 horsepower tractor it might cost as much as a used older commercial TLB. ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Peters

2006-02-12          124416

The Kioti is back to the Perkins engine of the Oliver and everything is coming out of one factory, but the engine. I think the best tractors (70) historically in this area where the Ford 6000. The TLB combination of this was the 550. I don't know how much the Farmtracs larger tractors, but could be comparible to the 6000. ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-02-12          124417

You cracked an engine block in the winter.... IN FLORIDA???

Good Greif!~ ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Trlhorse

2006-02-12          124422

Back in the day....was in central IL. Cold, wet, and overall nasty. ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Trlhorse

2006-02-12          124423

I finally figured that out after pricing the attachment for the Mahindra and the Kioti. I can buy a decent used commercial hoe for less money. Now I can get down to basics and hunt for the best bang for the bucks in tractor/loader. Getting too light is still a problem as I move round roles that weigh from 800 to 1500 each. The lift capacity as stated by all of the manufacturers is given at the pins, not out in front of the tractor on forks. My Iseki is heavy framed and has a Big Bend loader custom mounted. Some of the roles are a match for its ability. ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-12          124424

I'd recommend a loader with at least 2500 lbs at the pins for safely carring that size bale. A three point hitch spear to be loaded first would be excellent counter balance. Good move for having both, just a different hought would be a speer on the bucket of the TLB would also easily move the round bales. ....

65-75 HP tractors

View my Photos
Peters

2006-02-12          124433

If you get the AL/GA/FL Equipment Trader there is a guy from the AL/GA border area that reconditions old Ford Bachhoes. He sell them for 5-10k. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login