Go Bottom

NH TZ 25 DA vs Kubota 7510

View my Photos
JonT1977
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-26          147380

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a small tractor with FEL to do light dirt work, work up my arena, take care of my drive way and FEL loader work such as stall maintenance. Also I need to do some shallow tilling for the arena and garden. My land is 2 acres that is clean but with some different elevations and small hills. It is certainly not flat with small 5 foot hills and the entire property is on a 10%slope or more.

I currently have a ford 9n. Great tractor and runs like new. However, I cuss everytime I need to need to move dirt or hoist something into my pickup. Its a little large to fit into my stalls and nooks in my property

I have narrowed it down to the TZ 25 and the 7510 with DT tranny. I am not really open to other brands because that is the only dealers around.

I am sure many will say that these two are not any the same class. Well maybe not but I see many similar capacities I see more HP with the tz, better financing shorter tires to help with torque.

The 7510 is definatly more of the traditional tractor. It comes in at I think like 21 hp. I like the dual brakes but that tz turns extremly sharp. I not sure if I would notice it becuase my 9n only has the left brake that works anyway.

Both came in at within $500 of each other with the tz came in a little less.

I also ntoiced the hitch looks smaller on the 7510. If I remember correct they come in pretty close with their weight. I think the loader capacity was about the same on the two.

The only benefit I can think of is the kubotas reputation and possibly longer life and more durabilty of the B series vs the Subcompact. I might have an occasional tree to drag and stump to pull (1 or 2 a year). I dont want to tear up a new tractor.

I would like hear to your thoughts on this.

Jon

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-26          147385

JohnT1977,

I believe either tractor will suit your needs just fine. However, for cleaning out the stalls, or anytime you're using the loader, you'd really appreciate a hydrostatic transmission.

I've owned several tractors. My first was a Ford 9N. A good machine, but very limited, especially with a loader attached. Shifting gears, when working a loader, makes hard work of something that is so incredibly simple when using a hydrostatic transmission. There's no comparison. I can't begin to tell you how much easier my projects have become since switching to the hydrostatic transmission. I'll never own a gear tractor again, unless it's a big bugger, built for pulling all day long.

Either tractor will do, but I guarantee you'll be much happier with a hydro transmission.

If you don't mind me saying so, I don't believe either tractor would be large enough to handle ripping out tree stumps, unless you also purchase a backhoe. These little tractors just don't have what it takes to tackle those big jobs.

So the question is.......what color would look best on your farm?......orange, or blue? hehehe.

Joel ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-26          147386

Jon I had a 9N too before I bought my TC33D. You may as well as keep your 9N if you want to do big-boy stuff. My suggestion is sell the 9N and step up to the next sizeblue like mine with a hydro. I have super steer which I suggest--you get better stability lengthwise with a FEL (the front axle is more forward about 8-10" ) and you rarely need cutting brakes with it. The difference between the 4wd TC and the Fordson, is well, like comparing a Model-T to a new Ford Superduty pickup. Power is awesome, comfort is excellent, traction unbelievable. And if you get the DA you'll get a suspended seat, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, cruise control and a host of other stuff.

Do yourself a favor though. If you are leaning toward the TZ don't even test-drive a TC. If you do, you'll be kicking yourself. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-10-26          147393

I perfer hydro's for a lot of work that gets done. but the one thing that you made mention of is the pick-up loads. You might find the added reach of the larger chassis a plus depending on your truck. ....

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-10-26          147396

I think that the 7510 wins out between the two, but agree with the other guys about the limited use on a lot of traditional tractor chores. Selling the 9N and applying that money to the upgrade in tractor size sounds like a good idea to me. Once you get a few hours on the new tractor, the 9N will probably just sit in the shed. Take a look at the B7800, with 4WD and HST. It should come in pretty close in price, and deliver a lot more capability. Definitely make HST a gotta have on your shopping list. ....

View my Photos
bloggins

2007-10-26          147419

I've got the Case cousin of the TZ25DA and I'm fully satisfied with it. I use mine hard. Its got lots of torque, relable and easy to use. And yes...fun to use! CNH have done their homework on these models. ....

View my Photos
JonT1977
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-27          147420

Thanks for all the quick replys. I agree with you that it would be nice to have the power of a 30 hp or more. I just have a hard time justifying the extra $.

Sorry Earthwrks, I went an looked at the TC and the B 78OO today . The TC is just too big to fit in my stalls and nooks in my property. The B7800 is a possiblity but the price tag was 16500 with loader (It was nice though and certainly more capacity). The TZ is 11375 with loader and Box blade.

As far as the stumps go I leave them for a year or so( to rot out) and they are very small. 6 inch diameter or so.

Mobilus, what are the reasons you place the 7510 over the tz?

Hoggins, What kind of work do you do with your CaseIH?

Thanks everone. I hear consist word of advice from all of you....Hydro. I think whatever I get I will go that direction.

Thanks,
Jon

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-10-27          147421

Jon,

If you've read the reviews offered up on all of the major tractor brands, you'll find that there are very few issues with the Kubota tractors. There's just nothing negative to report on the Kubota B-Series tractors. They are most dependable and simple tractors on the market......PERIOD.

The downside to the standard B-Series tractors, is that there's nothing fancy about them. They're just plain old tractors, but they work, and work, and keep on working.

So many of the other brands, including the New Holland tractors, have incorporated computer controlled circuitry into their machines. And while they don't often cause any trouble, complaints come up quite frequently.

COMPUTERS BELONG IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS. We went some 60 years without ever having computers in our tractors.....why do we need them now?

Kubota doesn't do such stupid things as this. Their engineers communicate constantly with the people who fix and repair their products. When the repairmen in the field report a problem, Kubota's engineers PROMPTLY FIX IT.

I read stories like this for more than two years before purchasing my Kubota. And while the New Holland tractors do have their fair share of issues, it seemed to me that the John Deere tractors were the worst of the bunch. Computer error codes pop up constantly in John Deere tractors. And so I find myself asking the same question over and over again.......why in God's name did they ever decide to put computers in tractors, to begin with?

Simply put.....get the Kubota. You'll never regret it.

Whichever tractor you decide to bring home, I'm very happy to hear that you've changed your mind about getting the gear transmission. You'll never regret that decision, either.

And as for the trees.....6" should be no problem. When you get into the 10 inch stuff, you'll find that things get quite difficult. These little tractors just don't have enough weight in the butt to handle such projects.

There's a lonely homeless tractor out there, just waiting for you to take it home. hehehe.

Joel ....

View my Photos
bloggins

2007-10-27          147439

Jon,
I use my Case for snow removal (big driveway), moving gravel, digging out small brush (making trails), mowing fields/lawn (2-acres) and hauling firewood. With my 3-pt tilt bucket and FEL, I can haul 1300 lbs with ease. Oh yeah and its a miser on fuel, starts readily and takes up no space at all in my garage. One suggestion is to rig extra lighting on the ROPS for winter work. ....

View my Photos
mobilus

2007-10-27          147450

Jon,

The B-series tractors are just that, a tractor... albeit the smallest that I would personally ever consider a tractor and not an oversized lawn mower.

When my dad bought a L175 Kubota back in 1978, we were very impressed with the capability for its size. He sold it back around 1993 or so and actually cried when the trailer pulled away. It was that good.

When I bought my L2800, I sat on and drove just about every brand available. For my needs, and with the budget I had, the Kubota just had more to offer. And I like steel. As in hoods and fenders. I think that plastic and fiberglass belong in sports cars.

So, when my dad drove mine, he had to get his own. But he wanted just a little smaller tractor. So we went through all the specs and sat on a lot of brands. The B7510 was his first choice, but I soon had him convinced he needed the B7800 for the extra horses. Quite a difference.

Abd like Joel said, the B and L series tractors are not fancy in that they are just straight, simple tractors that deliver. Oh, and they do have can holders...or cup holders if you're up early enough for coffee!

Good luck! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login