Go Bottom

Kubota B2710 vs JD 4200 first time buyer

View my Photos
KlayW in MI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-04-19          14949

On paper it looks like the 2710 is slightly better. The 4200 is pricier. A 4100 is closer in price but the 2710 blows that one away (on paper). I will do mostly loader/driveway work. Possably mowing in a few years. The ???'s are to you current users, how do they compare? likes/dislikes? serviceability? Any help for a first time buyer.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-04-19          14955

They are both good tractors. After you compare the specs on paper, go drive both of them and buy the one that feels best to you. Personally, I have the B2710 with about 130 hours on it, and love it. ....

View my Photos
Frank R Taylor

2000-04-22          15003

I agree with Bird, "You pay your money and you take your choice". Either one will do you a good job, it just depends on how comfortable you feel on them, the price (it can vary quite a bit) and the dealer you will be doing business with over the years that you have the tractor. All other things being equal, I'd go with the dealer that you felt most comfortable with and that you thought would be there and be helpful over the years. This may not seem like a very scientific way to reach a decision on a major purchase but you can stare at specification sheets until your eyes glaze over. Go out, drive them both, talk to the dealers and pick the one that fits your needs. Like Bird I have a Kubota (a B2400) which is just about perfect for what I use it for. It may be a little on the small side for some tasks and a little on the big side for others but it will do them all with style and make a good job of them. Whatever color you choose, you'll have a ball. Compact tractors are a lot of fun. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login