Go Bottom

Kubota L3010 Vs New Holland TC29

View my Photos
Mark
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-07          16033

Looking at Kubota L3010, L3410, vs the New Holland TC29, or TC33. I will be using the tractor to finish mow approximately 5 gently rolling acres, clear brush, plow long driveway in the winter, clear out banks of creek on property, take out and put in fence, and will be using to help whenever possible in construction of garage, pole building, and deck at newly constructed home. I currently own a 1948 8N which is only god for mowing. After using it for two years anything I buy will be a major improvement. I have always been a Ford fan, but I really like the Kubota. After looking at the specifications on all the tractors I think that they are pretty comparable. I need all the help that I can get. I have access to a local dealer who sells both the Kubota and the New Holland. I really like the dealer. He told me that he would rather not choose between Kubota and New Holland, but when I asked him what he has at his house he said the L3010. The thing that I wondered about was he has 10 L3010's on his lot and 1 TC29 and 1 TC33. Any experiences and comments would be appreciated. I definetly want 4WD but I am not interested in the supersteer. I am also having trouble deciding between the HST and the Glide Shift. If people have had good experiences with the Glide or Shuttle Shift then that brings another tractor into the mix, the 1720. I have driven all of the above tractors and liked them all (after the 8N). The only thing that has me slightly leaning toward the Kubota is looks and that really doesn't matter to me. Mark

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-05-07          16036

Mark, all the tractors you named are good ones. Go drive each of them and see which one "feels" best and most comfortable to you. Being a Kubota owner, I know I'd go for the Kubota, but that's a personal preference. And you really need to operate both a GST and HST. I know there are people who prefer a GST; that's the reason they make both, and as long as there are people who prefer them, they should keep on making them, but personally I have a hard time imagining why anyone would want the GST over the HST, which just seems so much simpler, quicker changing directions, safer, etc., especially if you're going to be using a front end loader. In other words, I'd go for the larger Kubota with HST, but if you drive any tractor and there's something that doesn't feel right to you, and you buy it, it'll probably get worse instead of better with time. Buy the one you're happiest with. ....

View my Photos
G in Ohio

2000-05-08          16078

Mark, check out the VENTRAC articulated tractors at wwwventurepro.com Your choices don't include the unusual benefits of these low profile, agile, all-wheel-drive tractors. 1948 8N Ford fan? Me too! I grew up on one. Ventrac even has the same color scheme. Maybe your preferred dealer would consider taking on VENTRAC. Take a look. Notice those front mounted attachments. Why keep them at the rear like your 8N? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login