Go Bottom

Kubota B2910 - Overkill

View my Photos
Elkoboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-15          16321

I am pretty set on purchasing a Kubota B2910. However, as this is my first serious tractor purchase (I presently own an IH Model H that I used for clearing snow off my driveway) I have reservations about if this is the size/model tractor for me.I have 10 acres and a small hobby farm with livestock. I have about 2 acres of lawn that I plan on mowing with the 2910. I also plan on doing landscaping, digging fence post holes, and moving snow with the tractor (as well as just driving it around my lot for kicks! :-) )Is this tractor too big? Too small? Help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B2910 - Overkill

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-05-15          16323

I coulda got by with a B7300 but you know that 4 years down the road I would want and need more power. So I went for the B2710! I will do about the same as you cept for the mowing part, 4 acres are done with a wheelhorse pulling two trail mowers for now. When the mower dies, the Kubota will get a belly mower. ....

Kubota B2910 - Overkill

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-05-16          16330

I, too, have 10 acres, a garden, about 3 acres of yard to mow, etc. (but no snow to move) and I think my B2710 is just the right size for the job. ....

Kubota B2910 - Overkill

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

2000-05-16          16335

I don't think so.. We have 2 acres, and if the 2710 would have been available when we purchased our 4100... We just mighta hada 2710 for our 2 acres. Feel any better. ....

Kubota B2910 - Overkill

View my Photos
Frank R Taylor

2000-05-17          16347

I have about the same as you, 10 acres pasture, 2-1/2 acre yard but no snow. I got the B2400 (the B2710) wasn't available but don't know if I would have been interested. I find the B2400 almost ideal. I didn't want anything too heavy for running across the yard and yet it had to be big enough to handle the pasture and the B2400 was the best compromise I could find at the time. It is overpowered for some jobs and just adequate for others. Short of owning two compact tractors I still think it was a good decision and a great little machine. With hindsight being what it is, today I might look very seriously at the B2710 if the weight difference wasn't too much but I have been extremely happy with both the machine and the dealer. ....

Kubota B2910 - Overkill

View my Photos
Elkoboy

2000-05-18          16415

Well, I appreciate all of your input!

I signed on the dotted line today and should receive my 2910 towards the end of next week. Hopefully I'll be able to soon offer MY wisdom towards other newbies on the subject (and hopefully how great my tractor purchase decision was too)!

Thanks again! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login