Go Bottom

Looking for a Compact diesel to mow 9 acres

View my Photos
Frank Mulligan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-06-06          16956

Currently mowing about 9 acres of clear, flat, weedy land with a Sears lawn mower. Takes me about a week to cut it! Have been looking into a MF-1240 or a Kubota L2600, with 4wd, loader, and cutter. Would also like a loader for snow removal (about 1000 ft of dirt driveway) and light landscaping. Unfortunatly price is a major consideration. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-06-06          16959

Hi Frank; What are looking to spend? I am selling a JD 755 with attachments. See my post, the photo link and post is at the top of the next page of post on this forum.

David

View my Photos
ken dyck

2000-07-04          17711

i have a jd 970 and a 7 foot farmking finishing mower. i usually spend less than 5 hours to do app 5 acres. i used to use a 5 foot mower and spent alot more time, anyone want to buy a good 5 foot mower? i can't imagine mowing with anything less than a 7 foot mower. just in case you are thinking of the 7 foot farmking, it cuts like it were made in heaven, on the downside i have had a few minor problems that the factory rep is helping with (wheel update, hitch point reinforcement, wheel attachement reinforcement). ....

View my Photos
al

2000-07-05          17733

i have had a NH 1520, 23hp, for about 4 years i cut about 7 acres with it no problem, can do this in about 4 hrs or less,it has a 5 ft belly mower. hou will still need to trim with a hand mower, if this is any help.

al ....

View my Photos
Frank Mulligan

2000-07-06          17771

That brings me to another question. My sears lawn tractor a 46" mulching deck with 3 blades. I don't mulch but the deck clogs if it rained a month ago! This makes me wary about using belly mowers, and I'd probably end up using a light-duty bush hog. Any ideas or comments on how your mower works? ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-07-06          17784

Frank, for four and a half years, I mowed nearly 3 acres with a 38" cut Cub Cadet riding mower with a Kohler engine. It was a fine little machine, but the one big complaint I had was grass, dirt (mud) build up under the deck no matter how dry it was (I tried everything I could think of and even sandblasted and repainted the bottom of the deck twice with different kinds of paint, but nothing helped much). Sometimes I couldn't even wash it out; had to use a putty knife to dig it out. Last August when I traded my B7100 Kubota for a B2710, I also got rid of the Cub Cadet and bought a Bush Hog 60" rear discharge finish mower. The larger size not only cut my mowing time in half, but I've even mowed a couple of times after rains when there were still some puddles, and while there's occasionally a little build up under the deck, there's very little and it's much easier to clean out with either the air hose or the garden hose. ....

View my Photos
ken dyck

2000-07-06          17789

the 84 inch farmking with 3 blades will mow in the rain. it has some rather unique baffles that seem to keep the underside very clean. i have owned a few mowers that take longer to clean than one spends mowing. the farmking is not one of them.

ken..... ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login