Go Bottom

WHICH TRACTOR JD990 NH TC40 Kubota L3710

View my Photos
Shannon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-31          19348

I am fixing to purchase a new tractor. I am looking at the JD990, NH Boomer TC40, and Kubota L3710. Looking at the tractor in a comparison, it seems the TC40 with the 12X12 SS is more tractor for my money. Locally (North Georgia area) the TC40 is lower priced than the other two. I am getting the tractor, R4 tires and bushhog. I am not interested in Hydro tranny. Anyone have opinions on my future purchase and anyone have any experience with these tractors? I am wanting to stay under $16k. I am gonna be using that tractor for bushhogging only.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bill Gardner

2000-09-03          19447

I bought a JD 990 last month with mfwd and R-4 tires,also at the same time I bought a JD 613 rotary cutter.So Far I have 25 hours on the tractor and it has worked perfect.I also use mine for mainly brush hogging.I would buy another one with no hesitation and would recommend them to anyone wanting a good solid tractor that will do the job. BILL ....

View my Photos
buck

2002-07-29          40787

I bought a L3710DT, mfwd, to bush hog with. It's tough as nails. I only have 40 hours on it so far but no troubles whatsoever. Don't think you'll go wrong with any of the ones you mentioned though. I just got a better price from a better dealer and went orange. Good luck.... ....

View my Photos
Buckeye

2002-07-29          40794

I was in the same situation a little over a month ago. I settled on the JD990 and the TC40. I loved both, but bought the TC40 since the NH dealer would come down more than the JD dealers around here. The TC40 also had an independent PTO which is really nice compared to the Live PTO on the JD990. I've used and continue to use both independent and live PTOs on my father-in-laws farm and really appreciate the independent versions. The dealer around here orders all of his TC40s with the folding ROPS and the Deluxe 3-pt. hitch which were two items I really appreciate.

On the JD990 side, I really like the all-metal construction and knowing it was a mature model built by Yanmar. It was hard for me to leave the Green and Yellow beauty, but I wanted to keep more of my green if you know what I mean. Regardless of my situation, go with the dealer you feel comfortable with and I'm sure you'll be happy with any of the ones you have listed. ....

View my Photos
ryan

2002-10-13          43787

I sell both JD and NH. In this particular instance, the NH TC40 is a lot better tractor. I am Green Blooded, but you'll get a lot better tractor with the NH than going with the JD990. The NH has a much better transmission, a lot more comfortable and I would go with the Delux three-pt hitch. Excellent option. Right now is a good time to by also. Go Blue body. Not to mention, the NH is much easier to work on if needed.

You can email me a debol2000@yahoo.com if you need to touch base with me. Thanks, ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login