Go Bottom

Ford 1510 price

View my Photos
Dan Spry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-01-26          23719

I can purchase a 1510 compact diesel tractor(low hours), 4x4, turf tires, Bush Hog front loader, 5' blade for $7910. Is this a good deal ? I have 17 acres with a lot of hills and slopes. Is this tractor up to most tasks. Also, I don't like the turf tires and was wondering what would be approx cost to replace all tires and wheels with R4. Thanks, Dan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford 1510 price

View my Photos
TomG

2001-01-28          23747

Price comparisons are difficult to respond to. On the net, you can't get a sense of a used tractor's condition or local markets. In my case, prices are in a different currency. In general, 14 acres probably could use a larger tractor, but it's mostly a question of time. Small tractors can do most tasks done by larger ones, but it just takes longer. Generally, small tractors take small implements (or small bites with larger implements) which requires more passes to complete a job. However, there are exceptions. For example, if you need to trench 5' with a backhoe, then you need a 6+' hoe, which may not reasonably be used on a small tractor. Generally, I'd say that 14 acres could use a larger tractor. I've got a 1710 with turfs and 4 acres. The 1710 is a little large, and most times I'm traction rather than power challenged. However, I do need a 6.5' hoe, and I do like my 6' box scraper and 5' snow blower. I suspect that I'd sometimes be power challenged with a 1510. On the other hand, I do my mowing with a riding mower. I can do it faster than with the 1710. The 1710 would leave too much trimming and take too long to maneuver around landscaping. Regarding tires, factory options for the 1710 are ag or turf tires. They take different wheels, so changing tire types is expensive. I don't know if industrial tires are available that fit the turf wheels. A dealer should know. The issue here is not only finding industrials the fit on the wheels, but also a tire set that preserves the rolling circumference ratio between front and rear wheels. Front and rear drive ratios are designed to accommodate different sized front and rear tires, but you have to keep the same size ratio as one of the factor tire sets. ....

Ford 1510 price

View my Photos
Dan Spry

2001-01-29          23784

Thanks for the info Tom. After doing a little research, I believe I will need a bigger unit. By the time I buy new Ag tires and wheels,etc., I would have close to 9 grand in this older Ford 1510. I think I will check around and look at the JD 790 and the Kubota L3000. I know they are very expensive but they seem to hold their resale value and they have plenty of "beef" to do all the work that I will be doing. Thanks again for replying to my post.

Dan ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login