Go Bottom

best choice 25hp diesel tractor

View my Photos
Bubba
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-08          26482

I've bought two used tractors in the last two years, both of them have broken down, far more expensive to fix than they're worth. All I need is a dependable 25hp diesel with 3-pt & PTO. I looked at Allison for $7K, but now hear they're Chinese and just junk.I'm not rich - even the $7K is a stretch, but I need a tractor - what to do?Thanks, Bubba

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Jim Youtz

2001-04-08          26488

If my budget were limited to less than $8000, I would look around for a used tractor of good repute. For example in my state's largest newspaper, today I see two 80's vintage Fords, and an early 90's JD 855 in that price category. All of these with 4wd, and 3 cylinder diesel motors in the 20-30 HP range. Also, you might check some of the online dealers who sell good quality grey market brands. I've seen many Yanmar, Shibaura and Hinomotos in that price range. ....

View my Photos
Eric Edwards

2001-04-11          26596

I just sold a JD750 4wd with 67 loader 350 hrs for $8500. It was an 1983 I think and a heck of a nice machine for the money. If I had kept it I'm sure it would have lasted a lifetime. Too bad it was to small for my purposes. This is the type of machine you can really count on but no frills like power steering or shift on the fly. And really fixable by any backyard mechanic with a technical manual. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-04-12          26609

Let's see now Bubba if you spent that much on two tractors that size all ready you could have bought a new one by the time of your third purchase! ....

View my Photos
Bubba

2001-04-12          26616

Yes, I COULD have...with 20-20 hindsight. But if my hindsight was THAT good, I'd forget the tractor, invest in Dell Computer stock, become a millionaire, and sip on margaritas while I watch someone ELSE do my chores!

Crunching the numbers on a new tractor sounds good on paper, but paper doesn't make me rich enough to make payments on a new tractor. ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-04-12          26641

Art, I don't think Bubba needed that salt in the wound? Bubba you hang out around this board for a few weeks and you'll find out whats a good buy and what ya need. David ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login