Go Bottom

what to buy

View my Photos
Brad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-10          31743

I am looking to buy a new tractor this fall. I am looking at a tc33d and a kubota l3410. Both tractors with fel. Which tractor do you guys think is better? Need some input of what other people think about either tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

what to buy

View my Photos
Jim

2001-09-10          31744

Go Orange.... Made By Kubota not a contractor, superior warranty, longer wheelbase, generally better price and resale. ....

what to buy

View my Photos
Michael

2001-09-11          31756

Jim's a little biased--he's a Kubota dealer. Suffice to say that he BELIEVES in Kubota. Get the literature for both machines. Find a dealer for each. Test drive each. See which one suits you better--everyone is different and everyone is bound to have their own opinion of which is better. ....

what to buy

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-09-11          31764

Brad, you are lucky to be looking for a tractor during the "golden age of compacts". The top of the market is almost level. Among the top brands, there are no clear winners and not a dog in the pack. It all comes down to which one you like the best; you don't have to worry about one being substantially better than another. They will all outlast most of the owners....and they will do it with minimal maintenance.
Here is what we seem to see on this forum. (my opinion only)
Surprisingly few compacts ever have problems of any kind. Tractors which do have problems tend to have "teething problems" in the first year or so of operation. After that they work forever. All brands suffer about equally, the difference is in dealer support. Dealers support varies tremendously - even within the same area or the same brand. And the way that you get along with your local dealer is more important than the brand of tractor that he sells.
As for performance of one brand of tractor against another there is hardly enough differnce to be noticeable.....let alone worth arguing about. What you gain in one area gets balanced out somewhere else. My sympathies go out to to the tractor salesmen - who are reduced to talking about things like seat ergonomics, or steel vs high-impact plastic fenders, or telescoping 3pt arms, or the fine print in the owner's handbook.
You will also hear a lot of talk about which company actually manufactured every piece on the tractor. This might make a difference if you, I, or the salesman had the slightest idea what these factories really look like, who works in them, or what quality of work that they turn out.....
Good luck on your quest. I think you will have a lot of fun and would have a hard time making a mistake with anything on the market. If I were in your shoes I'd be stopping by the dealers after work and driving their demos until darkthirty each day. Then I'd buy from the guy who had the best attitude. But like I said: It all just my opinion....Roger Loving

Go Top

Share This

Member Login