Go Bottom

What would be best

View my Photos
clvickers
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-25          41619

Hi folks,

Just bought 10 Acres and am looking at what size tractor I would need for it and my hunting. Will use the tractor on the 10 Acres for small garden and mowing. At the hunting club will use to to create food plot's and mowing. Any idea what will be best?

Tks
Carlie

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

What would be best

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-08-25          41637

I personaly have a New Holland TC29, but any of the TC29,TC30 or the TC33 would be an excellant choice for your applications. ....

What would be best

View my Photos
STSIMON

2003-01-21          47913

I just spent 2 months looking and ended up buying a Task Master -- saved over 5 thousand over Japanese and "american" == http://tm-tractors.com/ ....

What would be best

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-22          47932

I would think you would like a brush hog for doing the mowing. It would take a 29 or 30 horsepower tractor to run a 5 footer. The tractor being four wheel drive would handle a loader, a two bottom plow and a 60" tiller. ....

What would be best

View my Photos
Todd-AgEquip

2003-01-22          47942

For everything you are going to do. You will need about 30+ HP. A bush hog will work good to keep it cut off. If the only other jobs you plan on using the tractor for is food plots you shouldn't need any more HP. If you go with a cheap tractor like something from Japan make sure you can get parts and in a good time frame. I have some tractors and Equipment at my webpage if you want to take a look. ....

Link:   

Click Here

What would be best

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-01-23          47977

"If you go with a cheap tractor like something from Japan make sure you can get parts and in a good time frame"

Todd, I find your comment strange. A "cheap" tractor is a John Deere (Yanmar), New Holland (Shibuhara), Massey (Iseki) or Kubota and a "good" tractor is made in
I N D I A? Strange, the Mahindra (India) CUT tractors imported to the US are made in Korea! What does that make them? I looked at the specs and don't think your product is quite at the level where you can trash the competition yet!
Pacesetter ....

What would be best

View my Photos
Todd-AgEquip

2003-01-23          48003

Pacesetter,

I wasn't trying to trash anyone. I was talking about the cheap price not the cheap equipment. My other point was the parts you have to make sure that you can get parts for the tractor you are buying and in a timely manner. Some of the tractors coming from overseas don't have parts that come along with them and it makes for a task of getting parts for your tractor. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top

Share This

Member Login