Go Bottom

What Tractor JD NH or Kubota

View my Photos
Garett
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-17          46213

I will need a tractor to cut about 3 acres and maybe do a little light gardening. Land is flat with a few trees. Have looked at the new JD X Series, the Small Chassis TEN Series, the Kubota BX2200 and the New Holland Boomer Series. Now I am really confused. NH dealer told me that in the Boomer series they are doing away with TC21 and TC25.These are the ones that I would consider to compare apples to apples. Did anyone have similar experiences and what swayed your decision. Please help.
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
wdbg1046

2002-12-17          46214

Have you looked at Century Tractors? ....

View my Photos
Garett

2002-12-17          46215

No, I have not, do they have a web site. No dealers that I know of in area.

View my Photos
wdbg1046

2002-12-17          46217

www.amjawa.com You can get a list of dealers and also spec's. I bought a 35 HP 4wd /w front end loader for ,15,000. This machine really surprised me. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-12-17          46218

Nothing very considered for me. It was late fall with our insurance company on our case to upgrade the electrical service in our new old house; couldn't get a contractor to come to the country for a service upgrade and new codes made another overhead service undesirable.

The solution for get it done before winter was do it myself and get a tractor with backhoe to do the trenching. The depth of trenching more or less determined the size tractor needed and budget kind of excluded a new one. I didn't care much beyond that except the tractor had to be useful for general work as well. Anyway, it was the right used tractor at the right time and the right dealer and that's what I got even if the dealer is over two hours away.

The tractor is a bit large for some of the work and we kept finish mowing with a riding mower. However, the size does save on contractors, which aren't always easy to come by around here. Even if I had analyzed the issue to death (my wife probably thinks I did) I might have ended up with the same tractor.

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-17          46221

You might want to check out Kioti tractors. They are made in Korea and seem to be on a par with the rest of the compact tractors and quite a bit less than the blue or green ones. I am not a dealer just like Kioti's. got to http://www.kiotitractor.com. After you go thru the opening page there will be a dealer selection at the top. Just input your zip code and it will tell you if there is a dealer near you.

View my Photos
Todd-AgEquip

2002-12-17          46223

Take a look at the Eicher. We have been distributing these tractors all across the U.S. They have proven to be a really great tractor with a great price. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-17          46225

Garett, what dealers are in your area? I say area as in if you have to take this tractor in for repairs or service, you wouldn't have to take a day off from work.

Billy ....

View my Photos
Garett

2002-12-17          46229

All three (JD,NH,Kubota) are in my area. NH and Kubota are at the same dealership. ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-17          46231

Kioti has intoduced its CK series and has a small tractor in that range you are looking at. ....

View my Photos
Dwight

2002-12-17          46236

Garett, we went through the same thing this past summer. It was going to be our first tractor and probably our last. We had to determine what we were going to do with the tractor. We needed something to mow grass, plow snow and do landscaping around the house. We have 2.5 acres to finish mow and 7 acres of field to keep cut down. The plan is to sell the extra 7 acres to help with our retirement. We have all 3 dealers near by too. My wife and I priced and drove JD, NH and Kubota which all had their good points. We considered other brands but there were no dealers close by for parts and service. We both liked the idea of having the rear PTO and 3pt hitch for future possibilities but we couldn't justify the size, weight, and price of a larger compact so we decided to go with a sub compact. We finally made our decision this fall on the BX2200 with price being the final driving factor. We now have 29 hours on it and both of us very impressed. We plan on adding an FEL this spring. It does sit low to the ground but if ground clearance isn't a problem it would make a great choice. ....

View my Photos
STSIMON

2003-01-21          47912

I have been looking for the past two months for something a little larger -- I ended up with a Task Master which is Chinese but saved $5-K over the japenese models. Its an option if you are budget is tight and you aren't running a farm. www.ccequip.com http://tm-tractors.com/ ....

View my Photos
Woodbeef

2003-02-12          49158

Do not short sell the Korean CUT offerings. they are on par with the Japanese ones of the majors. Mahindra, Century/Branson,Kioti,Long all sell good tractors. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login