Go Bottom

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
scudbait
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-08          47178

I will buying a new tractor later this year. I have looked at several utility tractors and obtained quotes on package deals from Mahindra, Long, Massey F., and Ford/NH which include a brush cutter, box blade, and trailer. The units that I have been looking at are 40 - 50 HP units, which include;
- Ford/NH 3010S
- Massey F. 231S
- Mahindra and Long models with comparable features and specifications

I plan to purchase a loader for the tractor within 1 or 2 years after purchasing the tractor. I will be using the tractor to clear and cut a 48 acer parcel I purchased in S.E. Texas just north of Houston.

I have been told by relatives to stick to a name brand tractor such as Massey, Ford/NH, JD or Case I/H because they have been around for years and its easy to find parts many years down the road.

Please give be some suggestions as to the specifications, features, reliability and any other differances associated with the different brands discussed hear-in and/or comparible brands/models that will meet my needs.

Thanks
Scudbait

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
larry

2003-01-08          47182

Any 40-50 hp tractor is pretty well built now ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-01-10          47318

Check out the KIOTI DK series tractors, alot of bang for the buck. ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-11          47337

You didn't say Kubota in your list. The MX5000 would give you a good tractor for the buck comparing it to the others. ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-11          47342

I have been told by the Malhindra/Ford/IH/Kubota dealer in my area that the Malhindras in that size range are the old tooling from IH and are a good tractor. They also would have access to the old IH parts.
Peters ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2003-01-11          47344

When at the Massey dealer look at a MF243. It is a better tractor with more capability, but can still be had at a reasonable price. You can get 4wd in it also. You will need 4wd, if you are doing any heavy loader work with this size of tractor. ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-11          47353

Scudbait,
Examine the Eicher 485. It has 51HP and is around $13,400.see AgEquipmentUSA ....

Link:   AgEquipmentUSA

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
dcsmith02

2003-01-23          47980

My only concern with the Eicher would be the air cooled diesel. Maybe ok in the north but could be a litle problematic in the south. Same thing for the Belarus. ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-01-25          48147

Aircooled engines run cooler than "watercooled engines!"
The myth is that engines are water cooled. All engines are air-cooled. Water only transfers the heat. Air is what cools the water. Eichers are made in India one of the hottest countries in the world. Many Eichers running in Florida. No problem. Deutz diesels are used in many power units in irrigation pumps in S. FL orange groves. In fact, so are their tractors. DitchWitch prefers them for their trenchers. They are also used in Bobcats and other industrial equipment. In fact, even after running the whole day, you can lay and keep your hand on the engine. As for Belarus, one of the oldest dealers in the United states is on the GA FL border in the okefenokee swamp. He has sold around 5000 tractors as far south as Miami since 1969. He has never had problems with air-cooled Belarus.
An opinion is fine, but when the numbers and the known facts contradict opinion, it doesn't speak well of one's knowledge. ....

Which New Tractor

View my Photos
Woodbeef

2003-02-12          49157

Not all of the Utility tractors from Mahindra trace their ancestry to the old B series IH licensee days. The new "00" series are of a new design. The engines were developed with help from AVL of Austria. You can get mfd,and they have an 8/8 shuttle tranny. These tractors also come with a 3 year warranty ....

Link:   Mahindra US site

Go Top

Share This

Member Login