Go Bottom

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
CraigR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-23          51705

Well I've narrowed my search down to the following(in order)1. Century 2028, 2. Mahindra 2310, 3. Massey 1428.
I'm waiting to hear back on the financing from each. As far as pricing goes the century-14,500w/fel, Mahindra-13,775 w/fel and the massey-15,000w/fel. The massey in mho is a little overpriced. The other two have shuttle shifts while the massy is a standard. From what I've read the shuttles seem to be the best of both worlds(hdro/std). All these dealers are within 50 miles and have been in buisiness for quite awhile. One other tractor that I originally looked at was the Kioti 1914. It has a good price and fits my needs, but it seemed like the fit and finish was a little rougher and I didn't care for the appearance? Maybe I'm getting too picky.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
Woodbeef

2003-03-24          51739

I'm having trouble trying to understand the higher prices on the Agco CUTs. The Mahindra would be my choice,then the Century. Both are good tractors. ....

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
CraigR

2003-03-24          51740

I really didn't get the price on the MF either? The dealer really didn't budge much from the price. The only attractive thing about it was the financing, with no payments for the first 3 months. Hardly a deal closer when you compare the features on the other two brands. ....

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
hardwood

2003-03-24          51741

Craig, your comment on shuttle shifts hit the nail right on the head. After loading about a million spreaders of manure in my lifetime with gear shift trannys, the new shuttles are the greatest thing since sliced bread for a loader tractor, I've got two of them now. Hydros are neat, I've demo'ed them, but I'm not sure thay will stand a lifetime of steady shuttle use. I'm not up much on heavy "Michigan" type loaders, but I've never heard of one with a hydro drive, they all seem to use a torque converter that's meant to stall day after day for years without damage. Just my two cents worth. ....

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
CraigR

2003-03-24          51759

Well I just bit the bullet and purchased the Century 2028 with there C30 loader and 9"post hole digger. I'll probably pick it up at the end of the week. I can't believe how much of a headache it is trying to pick which brand/type and comparying each one. I'm pumped! ....

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
sheeppayer

2003-04-26          53828

Craig - How's the Century 2025 working out? I'm tied between the Mahindra 2810 and Century 2535. I thought the Century has smoother running, but Mahindra's got 0% for 36 months.

All - Is it common for the tractors to be tough shifting when new? Any historical info on the reliability of Mahindra or Century? Also, any inside info on whether Century will be offering a 0% rate soon?

Thanks. ....

Narrowed the search

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-27          53848

I looked at both and have to say although neither was perfect (none are even Kubota and JD IMHO) the Century was a much nicer machine. I tested the 4110 Mahindra and found that both range and shift levers hit my knees. Particularly bad in low range, second gear. The shift pattern was backwards which I guess you could get used to. My biggest objection was the loader. The arms are too high, the bucket is not quick detach and the loader removal is poorly thought out. That said, the independent PTO on the Mahindra is nicer as is the 4WD shift lever. My only complaint on the Century was the placement of the foot throttle. Too close to the brake pedal on one side and fender on the other for my size 11 boot. Since I can't make the payments to qualify for zero financing, it is moot for me. There was a rebate which made the price very attractive. A 2028 with C-30 and R4 tires was 13,500. New programs start next month, not sure what's in store, but all CUT's are selling hot right now, so deeper incentives are unlikely.
Pacesetter ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login