Go Bottom

replacing a skid loader

View my Photos
Steveheavy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-01          56217

I have a Bobcat 643 (30HP,1000lb op. cap.) that I purchased two years a go after I realized that a compact was out of my pocket book. Now I am considering getting something to replace it and my riding mower. I know that a tractor will take more space, but will a 20- 25HP tractor do approx. the same lifting? I only have about 1.5 acres to mow. It is in need of attention( very rough ride on mower). With teeth on the bucket(FEL), will a tractor of this size remove sod? Thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

replacing a skid loader

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-02          56250

You would loose a little but you would gain in other areas that would be a plus for you. ....

replacing a skid loader

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-03          56422

Tractors are often rated in terms of PTO HP. If the Bobcat is rated in engine HP, a 25 HP tractor may have about the same power. My 24 HP tractor with a 'nothing special' loader is rated to lift 800 lbs. full-height, which is fairly typical for this sized tractor. I don't know how that compares with the Bobcat. I think adapters are available so Bobcat type attachments can be used on many tractors.

We mow about 2-acres total in two properties. Each have out buildings and a bunch of trees etc. Despite having the tractor, we mow with a 12HP riding mower because it's faster. A mower on the tractor takes time to maneuver and leaves a lot of trimming to do. A mid rather than a rear mower may be better at mowing but they are expensive and often are not compatible with loaders. Our riding mower is a beater too and I wonder what I'll do when I can't keep it going. At least with a tractor that had turf tires I have the option of getting a 3ph mower. ....

replacing a skid loader

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-27          67300

your 630 will put almost any tractor to shame in the lift capacity. If I remember correctly your bobcat can pick up somewere between 1400 - 1800 pounds (higher number with counterweight). There are very few tractors that can pick up that in the 30 hp range, if there are even any. ....

replacing a skid loader

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-28          67310

Safely 1000 lbs is the tip load for that skid steer. The total rated lift capacity is probably about 2000 lbs just comparing it to todays skids that the safe carry load is 1/2 the total load able to lift but not move safely. The 1000 lbs is easier to deal with then the 2000lbs or maybe 1200 to 1400 that might get moved and not considered to much of a load. For two acres it might be better to keep the skid and have a smaller tractor to mow with like Tom suggested. It depends on what you are planning to do. Many landscapers use skid steers for yard work. Bobcats do have trouble back grading but if you load the bucket foll of dirt first it will help you from going over backwards. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login