Go Bottom

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
jes_gru
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-09          57230

Greetings,

I am looking for your advice/opinions on the NH TC30 vs the Kubota B7800, both configured with FEL and 60" MMM. Will probably get a rear blade and box scraper seperate.

Lot size:2.1 arce
Uses: Finish grading, spreading top soil, leveling, mowing, snow removal, might also do grading/plowing of private road (1500'), plus any other new landscaping duties.

Mt first thoughts were that a 30 HP tractor is a little big for my lot, but I will have to till or rack the lot in order to prep it for grass and was told that 30 HP would be the min for a rock rack

Thanks in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-10          57254

I'd rent the tractor and rake for a day, and get a sub-compact if you feel the need for more than just a lawn mower. Either tractor you mentioned would take a 72" mower vs a 60" on the smaller tractor. You would find more comfort in the smaller one on a day to day basis. ....

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
earthwerks

2003-06-11          57367

I have a NH33D and agree that 30hp is the least you should get--I have stalled mine a few times by being over zealous. I have 6' Piranha with carbide tips. It will go down 6" in one pass---one, slow pass! Take your dentures out or keep you mouth closed 'cause you'll lose 'em due to vibration! ....

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2003-06-13          57458

My thoughts on this subject tend to be a bit different
than most. I have never quite understood the 'acreage vs tractor size' argument. I have a TC30 and a 2.5 acre lot. When I am drilling post holes or carrying 'balled' trees around my lot, my tractor does not care how much acreage I have. When I move a couple yards of dirt for my wifes new garden or plow the snow on my driveway, again, my tractor never seems to question how big my lot is. I guess the only time I would consider the lot size is when thinking about mowing and how many tight spots I have for turning and manuvering. I bought my tractor based on the type of work I wanted to do and the capacity needed to do that work. My philosophy is this... If you have enough room to turn it around, it is not too big. ....

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
CHARLIE KING

2003-07-14          59514

I FEEL IN TRACTORS THE PRIORITY SHOULD BE

SIZE/WEIGHT, TIRES SIZE, HORSEPOWER. IN THAT ORDER.

P.S.
WHEN I DOUBT BUY THE KUBOTA..

CHARLIE ....

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-01          97447

tractor does not care how much acreage I have. When I move a couple yards of dirt for my wifes new garden or plow the snow on my driveway, again, my tractor never seems to question how big my lot is. Mrwurm
============================
Yer rite:
Moving the job to a different size lot don't make the task any easier or harder. ....

TC30 vs B7800

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-02          97516

When I make recommendations it is normally from my past experiences. I just met my second owner of L-3430 cab tractors that went to far! They have found that they need other mowers now to mow as they went to big. They are finding there wives won't mow, they feel awkward tring to manuver to mow and are looking to trade down!!!!! Don't I wish I had the L-series cab on the B-series last year! One does feel he still will keep his L but is looking again at the BX to buy as his wife loved to mow with theres. The others wife bought her own BX 2230 with loader this spring! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login