Go Bottom

Tractor Selection

View my Photos
brianh2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-09          90439

I'm looking to purchase a tractor for the first time. I have visited a couple of dealers (Kubota, John Deere) who all claim there tractors are the best. I sure everyone has their preference, but hope someone can offer a couple of suggestions that may make my selection a little easier.

My application is basic at best.
- Cut 15+ acres (Prefer: Flail Type Mower)
- Light duty hauling

I'm inclined to stick with a well know manufacture, but who? (Kubota, John Deere, New Holland, etc.)? Value would be great, Quality a must!

I priced a JD 790 2WD with Flail Mower $13K. Any assistance would be great! Thanks Brian

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tractor Selection

View my Photos
echo10mp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-09          90442

Brian,

Kubota is a great tractor that is priced right. I had a L2650 for 10 years that took unbelievable abuse from us and never was in the shop. I sold my place and the tractor with it. I moved here to Arkansas and I just bought a L3400. A little bigger than the previous one but close. I looked at the JD790 and it felt like a kiddie tractor and I'm only 6'1" Make sure you get what is right for you.

John ....

Tractor Selection

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-09          90451

Look at a 4wd tractor. The differences are awesome. I had a 2wd tractor in the past and now have a 4wd Kubota B7800. I would never go back to 2wd, especially if a FEL is in your plans. The debate over Hydro vs. Gear will rage on. It is a matter of preference and application. For FEL and mowing work, it is really convenient to not have to mess with the gear shifting. Good luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login