Go Bottom

Heating Oil Price Caps Gone

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-02          115835

I just called my Oil supplier, for the last 8 years I have been on a Budget plan that puts a price cap on the price I pay.

A month ago they sent out a mailer with the increased budget proposal for 2005-2006.

I called this AM to find out what the cap price was set at. You guessed it, for the first time in 10 years they are not honoring a Oil Cap price. Nice that they did not notify we when there was an opportunity to shop around.

Anybody on an oil plan should give your supplier a call. I obviously dropped the budget plan as that simply put me at their mercy.

Dennis

Dennis

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-02          115839

I'm in the midwest country and use Propane. Fortunately, the co-op I buy from still has a price cap/lock option. I got that puppy signed and secured 2 months ago. I'm glad too!! Looks to be an ugly winter if you like heat.

I warned the wife the house will not be kept any warmer than last year (68 degrees). I'm also planning on adding additional insulation in areas that need it (like last year which made a big difference). I'm also planning on replacing 4 windows that face north and catch the winter winds. They are lower quality and you can feel the draft when the wind blows.

More cash going out... ....

View my Photos
funchy

2005-09-02          115842

I'm on LP but I'm sure they'll make excuses to double the cost of that too.

This year i'm finally spending the money to get a woodstove or cornstove (can't decide which). ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2005-09-02          115843

I checked on Propane 2-days ago and the price was $1.24/gal. I also have the option of pre-paying as much as I would want at that same price. When asked about a future price increase, even with all the noise about fuel prices in the news, they thought the price of propane would rise only slightly over the next few months. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login