Go Bottom

A Question for Dennis

View my Photos
bvance
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-05          139551

Dennis,

I was just wondering if you have the ability to determine which of the Big 3, JD, Kubota or NH has the most hits on their respective boards. In other words can you tell how many clicks each get on their respective section in the general board area over say the last 30 days? If one were to get more initial hits than another, will that reflect any kind of ownership preference?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I was just curious. I realize this is a Chevy vs. Ford kind of thing and many times it just boils down to personal preference.

Just Curious,

Brian

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

A Question for Dennis

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-05          139560

If the Brand X forum got more hits than Brand Y, could you say that Brand X is more popular? Or that Brand X has more problems than Brand Y? Sometimes it's better not to know ;} ....

A Question for Dennis

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-05          139570

vance: What you're asking for is a consumer satisfaction survey. In short, it would be impossible to come up with any type of definitive survey on ths site. Generally, surveys of that type have an objective to provide a certain entity or department a snapshot of how they are performing. Just thoink of all the variable that would skew the outcome if a few survey takers ahd a bad experince or---were having a bad day and left negative info when they really didn't feel that way.

Years ago I used to write those little survey cards for an automotive company. I would come up with questions I thought pertintent, and the department head would strike them---like: "Is our product reliable compared to other _____ you have owned?" The department heads knew they were NOT so they didn't give the customer a chance to answer, or rather, open a can of worms. The other thing they enagaged in was fraud, or intent to decieve, to the extent that they would state on the Warranty Card (which was part of the survey) that if the Customer didn't send back the card to "register for warranty" they could not get a warranty claim. The sad part about the entire exercise was, a.) it cost the company about $50,000 to make the cards start to finish, b.) the law does not allow a company to prevent a warranty claim simply by not registering, c.) NO ONE read those "registered" cards---they went right into the dumpster by the basket-full. However, for fun I remember one team member reading aloud some of the cards and the funny/stupid replies people put on them.

But I'm jis' sayin' ....

A Question for Dennis

View my Photos
bvance

2007-02-05          139581

You are probably right, may not prove a thing. I do know that I go almost always to the board of the brand I own and rarely to other brands. On the other hand what purpose does the information of how many hits a particular board serve? Proabably none....other than spawn more arguments that perhaps we don't need.

Let's just stick to more useful information and help that we give each other.....just a stupid brain fart on my part.

A Question for Dennis

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-06          139584

About that brain "fart"...don't be so down on yourself Stinky :)

Seriously though, maybe you are just the guy to create the Mother (or Father) of Surveys. Are ya up to the challenge? Me thinks you are! Whatayasay?

Here's some of the challenge: Will it be sub-CUTs, CUTs, etc.? Or by engine size/HP? Or will it be by manual versus hydro versus _____. Plastic body panels versus metal versus plastic hoods with metal fenders? Ag tires versus Industrial versus Turf? 3 cyl versus 4? Springy seat versus no springy seat? Cab, no cab. Tilt wheel versus no tilt. Cruise control, no cruise. Handmade cab versus store bought? Aftermarket cab versus factory? Or no cab at all?

Then you'll need some sort of scoring system. I got nothin' on that one.

I think it would be interesting to see how it does shake out.

Reminds me of when I bought a new Neew Holland skid steer few years back. The local Caterpillar dealer paid a woman to do research on why they lost the sale. I told the researcher that Cats were way out of my league costwise. And I told her that Cats were too costly all the way around. Later I got a call from a local salesman. We sat down and ran the numbers on a similarly equipped machine as the New Holland. It was about the same dollar for dollar. But I had committed to buy the NH and went through with it. ....

A Question for Dennis

View my Photos
bvance

2007-02-06          139586

EW,

You raise an interesting challenge. But this thread would need to get more interest than just you and me :)

I would probably want to appeal to the largest potential audience out there which I would guess is the SubCuts in order to get the most responses.

To simplify, folks could just respond: Green, Orange or Blue. If it gets a lot of interest, we could then expand the poll. But if not, this thread would just die a lonely death :(

Brian ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login