Go Bottom

Water in tractor tires

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-27          121783

I have always been told do not put water (what ever solution you desire) in front tractor tires. Never given a reason. This morning was looking at a right new tractor and told the guy you probably will need weights on your tractor to which I was told not with the water in the front tires. His was install by Kubota dealer. My brother has also run water in his front tires (bigger Massey). My Kubota dealer told me do not put water in them.
Any idea why you should not run water in the front tires or if it is truly okay?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Water in tractor tires

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-27          121787

The front tires at 75% fill may not hold enough fluid to be worth the trouble. That's the only reason I can think of. ....

Water in tractor tires

View my Photos
tarbaby
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-29          121919

up here in maine the water will freeze ....

Water in tractor tires

View my Photos
ksmmoto

2005-12-29          121925

I think it depends on the tractor. Kubota doesn't recomend it, but they do have front wheel weights.

ksmmoto ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login