Go Bottom

Tire Chain Installation

View my Photos
MacDaddy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-19          139866

Yesterday when I was out on the 4310 clearing my driveway of some pretty deep snow with my rear-mount blower, I threw both chains. This is only my second season with them, but I didn't have this problem last year. I installed them by laying them down and driving over them, then locking them together as tightly as possible. Is there a better way?

By the way.... after I removed them I realized what a difference they make.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire Chain Installation

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-19          139868

Are you using some rubber or heavy duty bungee chain tensioners? They keep the chains from bunching up on the tire under heavy load and spinning/slipping. Might help your problem with throwing chains. ....

Tire Chain Installation

View my Photos
harvey

2007-02-19          139880

My perferred way is: bucket on ground (warm garage) jack under drawbar, drap over tires hook at back. Run a while and retighten.

Out doors drap over tires drive forward hook at back drive and retighten. ....

Tire Chain Installation

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-20          139908

HArvey hit on the key to it, drive them for a while and then retighten them. Even the tightest chains will move a little and settle into the gaps between tread bars, etc., and will become slack with use.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login