Go Bottom

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
daisymae
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-27          140054

Can someone steer me in the right direction to purchase R4 tires for a L2850D Kubota? Seems that around here you can only get them when you buy a new tractor. Thanks for your help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-27          140063

You might click on the link below end enter the site, click on Dealer Locations, enter your zip code and see what turns up. If you have a 4WD tractor be sure your lead/lag ratio is maintained. ....

Link:   Titan Tire

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
pitt_md
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-01          142652

Just curious kwschumm, what is the "lead/lag" ratio? ....

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-01          142659

Pitt, do you mean to ask "What does lead/lag ratio mean?" or "How much of a lead/lag ratio do you use?".

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Best of luck. ....

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-06-01          142666

On a 4wd tractor the front tires usually turn a few percent faster than the rear tires. The manufacturer matches the front and rear tire sizes to achieve this ratio. If you replace tires you need to keep the ratio about the same, otherwise the driveline will bind and can do some real damage. Generally sticking with the manufacturer recommended sizes for each tire type is the thing to do but you can do some mixing and matching as long as you replace tires with others of the same diameter. ....

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
Art White

2007-06-01          142668

It would take some checking but I believe that you can get a matched set new for your tractor. I have found that the matched sets from the manufacturer are a good buy! ....

R4 tire availability

View my Photos
Art White

2007-06-02          142672

Some people call my old books junk, I call them reference material! Checking the codes and the sizes from the newer series I believe Alr8869A and Alr8855 rears should get you a set of industrial tires and rims that will bolt on to your tractor. The retail is $1840.00 for all four. I'd recommend that if they have a set you borrow them to be sure as the letter codes are a little different. The mid mount mower will not fit with the industrial tires on the new tractors so I'd doubt they will fit on the older model. Good luck! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login