Go Bottom

Dual Tires on Compact Tractor

View my Photos
Eric Cardinal
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-02          27663

I read one thread talking about getting dual tires for a compact - tried to find the company mentioned on the web with no luck -Unverfurth Manufacturing phone number is 419-532-3121. Anyway, I want to know if dual tires would make a difference? Obviously on hills it would add stability, but what about in the mud, snow? Better than chains? Better than ballast or wheel weights? I have seen several older ford n's with a set of duals so they have been used before.Eric

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
KenB

2001-05-02          27667

Try http://www.unverferth.com. ....

View my Photos
CaseyR

2001-05-02          27678

My Yanmar 186D has 15" width rear tires. These are Goodyear XtraTrac 31 x 15.5 - 15NHS tires and have a small herringbone lug pattern; much smaller lugs than standard R4 tires. I have been told that they hold up well but haven't had the tractor long enough for any personal experience. I was told that these tires were a standard option on Yanmar 186D tractors at the time it was sold so I don't know how readily available such wide rims are. While not as wide as duals, they are certainly considerably wider than your standard R4 or turf tires. ....

View my Photos
jeff winter

2001-05-02          27683

Eric duals would add weight to the back also flotation and extra traction . I would check with the dealer to see if the warranty would be voided .
jeff ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login