Go Bottom

Finally got some real tires and wheels for my JD4400

View my Photos
Hillbilly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-25          31288

I went to the dealer yesterday and picked up my NEW R-1 TIRES and RIMS!!!!!!I took off the R-4 tires and installed the new R-1 TIRES. What a difference,I finally have some tires that can get some bite and really give me some height to the JD 4400(the tractor even looks like it is a size bigger now),I do not have to use 4WD near as much. I have a real tractor now.Anyone want to go to the hill climbs or mudding with me?How about dragging some timber out of the woods? I am ready!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-08-26          31300

HillyBilly I'm up to it. Just brought home my new used very little, only by a little ole farmer raking hay...., 1944 Farmall M, just had to get it into woods. I like it there a lot, but I guess I gotta get that outha my system quick. Not the place for my polish and parade tractor. Little 4400 does ok (just gotta take smaller bites) but nothing except more weight and HP sounds better than an old M with a load, well maybe an old JD popper at load pulling hard... When (IF) the 4400 needs a rescue in the woods I'll use it. Tis the season to cut wood ENJOY the sweat. Maybe some exercise nuts will find you and pay you to let them help you. So they can sweat too. Seems like nothing is too far fetched anymore... ....

View my Photos
Hillbilly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-26          31301

I got to take the JD4400 for a test drive yesterday,I crossed a creek with my bushhog on the back, yesterday I did not even slow down with the brush hog on the back,never even spun a wheel,a week earlier i was using a wince to pull me out. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login