Go Bottom

What kind of Kubota tires are these

View my Photos
Michael Burr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-26          3321

Hi all. I've got a tire question. The URL below shows a B7300 with acertain tire that I can't identify. My dealer says he's never actuallyseen this tire a tractor.... yet here it is from the Kubota brochure.Anybody actually got this tire on their machine? Would this be a goodcompromise tire for a machine that predominatly mows, does some lightloader work, and might have to occasionally climb a 500' 15 deg hillsideof wet turf? The Kubota brochure shows this tire twice, but only on mowingmachines - all machines with loaders have the R1 AG tires.Thanks for your responses

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Michael Burr

1999-04-26          3322

Looks like the URL didn't take for some reason. Please go towww.halcyon.com/mburr/kubota.jpg ....

View my Photos
KenB

1999-04-26          3325

I've hear these referred to as R4 tires, but R4 is really a classification, nota specific tread design. Your tire dealer may be able to find them as"combination" or "construction" tread tires. -Ken ....

View my Photos
Gene

1999-04-26          3332

I looked at the tractor in the URL named. The tires look to me to be GoodyearTerratires. I just bought a set for my JD 650 in 31x15.50-15NHS. They have a fairly agressive tread, but also the extra width to lower ground pressure. So far they are working just great- good traction, but less ruts. The tractor is at home, so I don't have the exact model. I also couldn't find this exacttire on the Goodyear website, but they are available. Let me know if you want the information and I'll bring it in for you- or E-mail me directly. ....

View my Photos
Ron L

1999-04-26          3338

I believe these are refered to as bar-turf tires--sort of an aggressive turf tire, but not as serious as the R4 industrial type. ....

View my Photos
tim

1999-05-24          4238

They are called BAR turf tires. They are the most popular tire we sell on these smaller compacts.They are gentle on turf yet have a good bite on snow and mud situations (we arew in Michigan).These tire are exactly 36 dollars more than the turf and for our customers well worth it. ....

View my Photos
Lynn Garcia

1999-07-22          6175

I recently bought a B7300 with 26 hours and I now have 50 hours on the tractor. Although I think I did OK buying the tractor and new 54" mid-mount mowing deck for $9600, the dealer said it would cost another 1100 for this bar-turf tire and rims. He also pointed out he has problems buying tires from Kabota. My dealer also quoted me a price on a new B7300 with 54"mid-mount mower and loader for 12,600 and 12,800 with this bar tire. Althoug my turf tires work great, when I buy a loader, I would love to have thise bar-turf tires (anyone want to trade?) ....

View my Photos
Lynn Garcia

1999-07-22          6176

I recently bought a B7300 with 26 hours and I now have 50 hours on the tractor. Although I think I did OK buying the tractor and new 54" mid-mount mowing deck for $9600, the dealer said it would cost another 1100 for this bar-turf tire and rims. He also pointed out he has problems buying tires from Kabota. My dealer also quoted me a price on a new B7300 with 54"mid-mount mower and loader for 12,600 and 12,800 with this bar tire. Although my turf tires work great, when I buy a loader, I would love to have these bar-turf tires (anyone want to trade?) ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-07-22          6182

I wouldn't be surprised if you decide to stay with the turfs. I did the same thingbut found that on real hard soil or slippery surfaces like ice or wet grass thatthe turfs have as much - or maybe I should say as little - traction as the barsor lugs. ....

View my Photos
JLK

1999-07-22          6184

I am also a owner of a Kubota tractor and yes the tire issue is not a cheap or un-important issue. I am looking for a used set of AG tires and wheels to fit my B7100. Also a used tiller (40" or so). The turf tires are Okay for mowing, but for serious work, you need a something that definitely cuts into and holds the surface. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login