Go Bottom

Need Rims for Ford 1500 4wd

View my Photos
Jonathan May
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-20          36543

Need rear rims for Ford 1500 4wd. HELP!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Need Rims for Ford 1500 4wd

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-21          36565

Curious, I took a quick scan through the table of contents of my parts manual for 1210 - 2110 tractors, but didn't find any wheels. Tractors may be shipped without wheels, which are added by dealers, so perhaps there aren't any part numbers. You should be able to get them through a dealer though. I think the wheels for many of the Ford compacts are the same, but rear wheels for ag tires are 24" and turf wheels are 16".

I think that there is a fair degree of standardization in wheels for compacts--only a few diameters and stud patterns are used. Wheels from different make tractors may be the same. I think Roger made a comment to that effect that should be in the archives.

I think I'd try a dealer especially if I was interested in new wheels. The dealer probably would go to a third party manufacturer anyway rather than the frightfully expensive NH parts system. A parts guy also may locate or suggest sources of used wheels if new ones are out of a customer's budget.

I say 'frightfully expensive NH parts system,' because I'm a bit shell-shocked. My dealer's service manager phoned yesterday. He tracked down some hydraulic fittings I need for pressure testing. The fittings are carried in the parts system as special tools. The NH price for a t-fitting adapter used to put a gauge in the power steering line is $634.00 CAN. Generic t-fittings are priced in the Northern Tool catalogue at around a buck or so U.S. The service manager was just making sure that I didn't actually want the fitting at that price. He suggested a hydraulics shop that should be able to fix up something for a lot less.

Anyway, my dealer has an interest in keeping me as a happy customer. He doesn't automatically try to boost me into NH parts and equipment adequate lower priced alternatives are available. He does the research to keep up with 3rd party stuff rather than me. I don't begrudge his some profit because he does the research work so I don't have to. My dealer is where I start looking for things.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login