Go Bottom

New tire sealant

View my Photos
Ben
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-05-19          4072

I work at a John Deere dealership in Illinois. We just started selling a product called "Magik Seal" tire sealant. It comes in various containers, but the container we carry is a 16oz bottle that comes with a valve stem remover and sight tube. It prices at $8.95 per bottle. You let the air out of your tire, install the product, air up the tire, and spin the tire to coat it. It seals up to 1/4" and is guaranteed for the life of a new tire. I never thought much of this stuff until we used it. We like it becuase we don't have to mess with plugs and tubes, and the customers like it because its easy and it works. No more flats. If you have a blow out, it washes out with water and a patch will stick. We are true believers!! Is anyone interested in this type of product? Any drawbacks? Any comments?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New tire sealant

View my Photos
Paul

1999-05-19          4076

I have used a similar type product on my garden tractor. I ran over an old spiny thorn apple limb and thought that I would have to replace the tires. At first I tried to plug the holes but there were simply too many of them, so I gave the stuff a try. I have not had a leak in over a year where before I had to refill the tires daily. As you mentioned it is pretty cheap insurance to prefill new tires with the product to reduce the need to repair tires in the field. ....

New tire sealant

View my Photos
wayne

1999-05-20          4084

The product you describe has been out for several years, and recently seems to be available under several different names. We have used it with great success, especially in tractors doing rotary cutter work in areas with locusts and haw apples. No flats from thorn punctures...as in zero, nada, none. Available in our area at TSC(Tractor Supply) in GALLONS for about $20, plus $10 for the plastic pump. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login