Go Bottom

Loaded Question

View my Photos
DaveG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-08          47156

I just purchased a Kubota B1700. The rear tires are loaded. However, one of the tires looks a bit low, so I thought I would add some air to it. I rotated the wheel so that the valve stem was at the top. Then I tried to check the pressure, but fluid still came out. I checked the other tire with the same results.

Can I just add air until the tire looks OK and/or the tire fills up enough so the fluid is no longer at the top? I'm pretty sure the tires aren't 100% full of fluid, since it appears to be low.

Thanks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loaded Question

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-08          47157

should work fine to add air Dave. Maybe all of the air has leaked out and fluid is all that is left. Air will bleed out thru the rubber in a tire over time, but I don't believe the water molecules are small enough to bleed out thru the rubber.

Loaded Question

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-08          47159

If you want to make real sure you can let fluid out until the tires are about "half flat" and then fill with air from that point. Too much fluid is a bad thing. 10 to 25 percent of the tire should be air space. ....

Loaded Question

View my Photos
DaveG

2003-01-08          47161

Thanks for the QUICK replies! I'll try adding air, since one of the tires already looks almost half flat. I'll let you know how I make out. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login