Go Bottom

R1 to Turfs

View my Photos
vronga
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-01          52374

I have a Ford 1710 with Ag tires. The rear size says "11.2-24 on 10 Rim". I'd like to go to turfs for a lower, wider more stable ride, as I live on a sloped property.

Does anyone know if I'd need the change the rims, and what should I expect on cost?

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

R1 to Turfs

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-01          52376

While they are not 'true' turf's, but rather Industrial Diamonds, you can get them in 11.2 x 24's which would mean that you would not ned new rims.

If however since you have a 4wd unit you would have to find matching fronts in order to keep the front/rear drive ratio correct since they don't make a 5.00 x 15 which (I think) is what your machine takes.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Firestone Diamonds

R1 to Turfs

View my Photos
vronga

2003-04-01          52380

Thanks murf,

I'd assume these would be lower and wider than what I currently have. And my fronts are 6.00-16's.

Thanks again.

V. ....

R1 to Turfs

View my Photos
marklugo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-01          52386

The diamond tread turf tires have been around a long time and will have them available in almost any size. Heres a suggestion that I have seen work great for some. These size tires cross over to large tractor trailer tires and the fronts can be bought in a european broken 4 rib design for 6.00-16's for traction.ome companies allow for a slight change in ratio. None are exact, due to tire pressure, manufacturer and other variables. ....

R1 to Turfs

View my Photos
vronga

2003-04-01          52392

Sounds like a plan.

Thanks again. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login