Go Bottom

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Yanmarman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-24          5470

Does anyone have infor on replacing 11.2X24 tractor tires with equal turf tires? Tractor is a 4WD and need to keep ratios similar.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
KenB

1999-06-24          5471

Talk to Little Miami Trading Co. in Ohio. Nice folks. Contact info is on their web site: http://www.lmtcompany.com/ . ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-06-24          5472

I might be able to help; what tires do you have now on the front and what do youplan to run there? As far as the replacement for the rear 11.2 x 24 lug tire, my literature on theYM226 and YM226D models shows that the rear turf tire would be a 13.6 x 16.1. This is what was originally provided. If yours is the same as the models above, and if the front Ag tires are 6"to 7" x 14, then the ratios should be OK. I'm sure that you are aware that different manufacturers tires can be differentrolling diameters...also, these specs from Yanmar are for using the wheels for the turf tires - which are a different rim from the Ag tires. good Luck! Roger L ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Yanmarman

1999-06-26          5521

My tractor is a Yanmar FX24D. Tire sizes are: Front 7X15 and Rear 11.2X24.Do you know whwere to finsd the wheels or wider rims for the 24" tires? ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-06-26          5522

Oh, you have a more modern Yanmar than the older 22 HP that I had specs for. Nowthere is some doubt as to the internal ratios. Is the front 15" tire the samerotating circumference than the old 7x14? You need to find this out. A good place to start for wheels is Unverferth Mfg. umwheels@bright.net Roger L ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Bob

1999-06-26          5524

Hi YanmarMan, what type of bolt circle do you have on the Yanmar? I have a pair of wheels for turf tires (13.6 X 16) with a 6 bolt config. on 6.5" centers w/ a pilot hole diameter of 3 7/8 (plus maybe 1/64"). Measure your current hub/or wheel and let me know if these might fitBob ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
David

1999-06-26          5531

We are a grey market Yanmar dealer and are familiar with the FX24D. The FX24D is a very nice tractor. Most true turf tires are low profile and that is the reason for changing rims to maintain a similar outside diameter. If you replace your rear tires with a higher profile turf tire that is the about the same as what you have and replace the fronts with a 7.00 x 15 five rib you really should not have any ratio problems. Plan on spending $450 to $600 to replace all four tires and tubes depending on what type of tires you select. If you need more info contact us Affordable Equipment864-859-2623. ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Yanmarman

1999-06-27          5554

6 bolt 5.5" on center with a @3 11/16 hub. It has bolt on rims with a 4 bolt pattern. ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Yanmarman

1999-06-27          5555

Thanks, I'll try them. ....

Turf Tire Replacements

View my Photos
Bbo

1999-06-28          5569

Well, I tried! I had bought a set of turf tires also, and they came on a set of wheels that don't fit my Kubota either. (might be JD?) Anyway, thought I might be able to get you that far at least, since I really have no need for them.The wheels will be 1 piece (not a wheel/rim combo) that you'll need; good luck in your searchBob ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login